21-04-2010, 21:18
play guitar... wanna learn to play the mandolin, too cool
|
What do you play?
|
|
21-04-2010, 21:18
play guitar... wanna learn to play the mandolin, too cool
24-04-2010, 21:24
I play most normal instruments...all string, brass, woodwind, guitar, piano, percussion and a few odd instruments, chanter, sacbut, ocarina, melodica, accordian and such, but not Lute or Theremin :eek:
24-04-2010, 21:35
pennywill Wrote:I play most normal instruments...all string, brass, woodwind, guitar, piano, percussion and a few odd instruments, chanter, sacbut, ocarina, melodica, accordian and such, but not Lute or Theremin :eek: you need to broaden your skills
24-04-2010, 22:36
Music Head Wrote:you need to broaden your skills Yes, I have been thinking of making my own Theremin :eek:
25-04-2010, 11:37
The world definitely needs more Theremin players.
I have actually seen one of these used live. John Otway - British eccentric musician - played one during one song at a local festival we attended a few years ago...
25-04-2010, 11:42
Just had to post this when you mention Wild Willy and Jon Otway
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkYOZyNoc...re=related They were irreplaceable
Nice to be able to go back to trust and friendship!!!!!!!!!
It's a mixed up sensation this being alive Oh! it wears a man down into the ground It's the strangest elation I can't describe it Oh it leaves a man weary It makes a man frown..............................Chris Simpson ( "Mixed Up Sensations" 1975 Martin's Cafe )
25-04-2010, 13:19
^ Absolutely.
I remember reading about them doing a UK tour some years back when money was tight. They used public transport for the tour, and camped in tents...
03-05-2010, 22:05
I love Bill Bailey, and here he is explaining the Theremin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AerCCx7Fas
04-05-2010, 18:08
That's quite admirable.
I wouldn't do that in a million years.. but hey, different times now.
10-05-2010, 14:59
I've played the drums for about 15 years now. I also play guitar and piano. Wow I would love to learn to play th theremin!
|
|
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
|
| Possibly Related Threads... | |||||
| Thread | Author | Replies | Views | Last Post | |
| What Do You Play? | Nick Dilley | 28 | 16,979 |
05-02-2020, 08:20 Last Post: Subtle Q |
|
| Here's Me Trying to Play and Record a Song While Drunk | Fuzz | 0 | 1,666 |
26-08-2016, 07:04 Last Post: Fuzz |
|
| When I grow up I want to play??? | ambernector | 28 | 12,370 |
19-03-2015, 05:07 Last Post: jazzboCR |
|
| First song you learnt to play? | dominic_john | 46 | 17,542 |
01-04-2013, 10:07 Last Post: rkumarveomit |
|