Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Are You Listening To?
I am familiar with this album !!!...brilliant artist !!!!!!

Tiggi Wrote:[Image: 414ZG5aab3L._SL500_AA300_.jpg]

Holiday i-Pod listening.

All is bonkers in the highly original musical world of this fab Icelandic singer. Her new one has just popped through the door, so that'll be up for a spin soon as well.

AllMusic 4/5 stars.
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Her new one - Biophilia - is queued up for a maiden play over the weekend Chez Tiggi.

Report to follow.
"Writing about music is like dancing about architecture"

Unknown
Great, can't wait !

Tiggi Wrote:Her new one - Biophilia - is queued up for a maiden play over the weekend Chez Tiggi.

Report to follow.
[Image: 61XIt95ScIL._SL500_AA300_.jpg]

Her new one, released in 2011.

The strange, yet wonderful Bjork strikes again.

Large parts of this thematically linked (the universe, and mankind's place in it, sort of...) album are closer to modern Classical music than Electronica, featuring Church Organs, Harps, Choirs and the like. This continues a trend in her music that began way back on her Vespertine album. It's all very ethereal, which makes for some very atmospheric music.

But the Bjorkbeats are back with a vengeance here also. There are four or five cracking onslaughts of intense beats, which are quite unlike anything I've heard before. The contrast between the ethereal, and the rhythmic stuff works very well.

Great album.

Good old Bjork...

AllMusic 4/5 stars.

Unknown
Good review, Tig ! I was particularly mesmerized by the track Hollow !!!! All in all a very good album,,,,an interesting listen !
Tiggi Wrote:[Image: 61XIt95ScIL._SL500_AA300_.jpg]

Her new one, released in 2011.

The strange, yet wonderful Bjork strikes again.

Large parts of this thematically linked (the universe, and mankind's place in it, sort of...) album are closer to modern Classical music than Electronica, featuring Church Organs, Harps, Choirs and the like. This continues a trend in her music that began way back on her Vespertine album. It's all very ethereal, which makes for some very atmospheric music.

But the Bjorkbeats are back with a vengeance here also. There are four or five cracking onslaughts of intense beats, which are quite unlike anything I've heard before. The contrast between the ethereal, and the rhythmic stuff works very well.

Great album.

Good old Bjork...

AllMusic 4/5 stars.
Excellent !!

There aren't many that appreciate her output.

Even Mrs Tiggi's wavering over this one. She'll come round, once she hears a bit more of it...

Unknown
i, myself dont have any Bjork albums, for some reason i tend to bjork at buying them(pardon the pun!) ....i do find her singles and music videos quite entertasining to say the least

also i would have no idea where to place her in the genre thing, would have thought alternative, but electronic it is!
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

She's a slippery one genre wise, Crazyman, but I think her heart's in Electronica ?!

Unknown
I think Bjork has drawn Icelandic folk song melodies also in her work . Like Tiggi says she's all over the place !!!!...that's why I like her...she's unpredictable. The Volta album that Tiggi reviewed shows off her different styles, pop, electronica, classical and folk.
Her voice may be a turn off for some but I love it because it's one of a kind !
[Image: 61VwBp4IntL._SL500_AA300_.jpg]

A 2-CD remix album of their The King of Limbs, from 2011.

The original is a 40 minute disc, but the remix runs to over 100 minutes. The songs have been heavily reconstructed, and given electronic make-overs by an assortment of Electronica types from all corners of the genre.

This is a thrilling album that I'd have been glad to stumble across even without the Radiohead connection.

AllMusic 3+/5 stars.

Unknown

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What im listening to at the moment PsychoPrincess81 1 467 26-10-2021, 17:26
Last Post: JeromeD