Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
What do whilst listening to music?
#41
Dance, smoke, eat, drive, lie down and relax. There's probably more.
Reply
#42
^ Not all at once, surely ?
Reply
#43
you'd be surprised.
Got some time on your hands? Or wanna check out new (or old) music? Come have a read - http://www.wecalleditmusic.com/
Reply
#44
I'm like a lot of people here and listen to music almost all day. But I'm surprised no one has mentioned listening to music while taking a walk! I love that. On a nice sunny day I put on my headphones and walk to a nearby park, or even when I'm traveling on bus to downtown, I'll keep my music on after I get off the bus.

I also think there are 2 types of music listening. The general 'background' type, where you have music playing as a way to pass the time, and the other type where you sit down and put on a your favorite, great sounding headphones, or play it on the home stereo, and listen with complete attention to the music!
Reply
#45
I'm usually doing some sort of manual labor (raking, mowing the lawn, cleaning room, etc.) or walking to work. On lazy days, I have been known to remain in bed with my laptop and peruse the internets for new audio.... all day =]
Reply
#46
Tiggi Wrote:^ Not all at once, surely ?

Anything is possible.
Reply
#47
Quote:I don't like to sit still and listen to music under headphones. I want to be reading about the music / music culture as I listen so I can learn more about where it is coming from.

Why not do both? I love reading as much as I can about the singers.bands I enjoy, but I also love to put on my headphones and listen to the music. It gives you much more 'depth' in the music. I learn just as much from listening to a song on headphones as I do reading about them. Sometimes I have read something about the music in a song and then hear it on my headphones and know what they meant even more.
Reply
#48
Honestly, I am rarely seen without a pair of headphones on my person. I usually find myself listening to music on the way home from damn near anything.
Sometimes I go for walks and do nothing but listen to music while walking around the fields near my the edge of town, just because it freshens me up.
For me, music is everywhere. Smile
Reply
#49
Emillu Wrote:I just found the Youtube , thanks to this forum. A real comp newby! And a Willie Nelson and Norah Jones singing together which I play repeatedly - and I mean repeatedly! If there is something I can click on to get it to be on automatic repeat that would be wonderful. I love this bluesy piece "I don't want to get over you"

And just to add to this, I usually end up in tears and then very fittingly play Jeff Beck "Drowning in my Own Tears":Cry:
Reply
#50
I listen to music mainly when going to/from office. It takes me hour and a half to reach home/office.
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why is this in my music collection? CMB1888 6 3,669 03-12-2025, 05:06
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Happy Birthday Music Head CRAZY-HORSE 2 1,273 24-10-2025, 12:33
Last Post: Music Head
  Importance of music johnnygees 32 15,437 04-02-2025, 11:42
Last Post: JeromeD
  Tring to explain why I like instrumental music Drealm 4 3,966 30-12-2024, 08:03
Last Post: JeromeD
  Any Artists(not just music) out there LHDesigns 1 1,816 15-04-2023, 09:34
Last Post: JeromeD
  Salutations Music Head. CRAZY-HORSE 3 1,798 23-10-2022, 15:04
Last Post: JeromeD
  Learning about music mixing Homer Bluth 2 2,415 08-11-2021, 08:11
Last Post: JeromeD
  "Progressive" Music coordinatednoise 8 5,677 06-11-2021, 06:30
Last Post: JeromeD
  Sometimes porn music is really good Drealm 23 9,217 04-07-2021, 13:55
Last Post: JeromeD
  Paying for compressed music : I still can't accept it Drealm 11 4,706 03-01-2021, 12:14
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE

Forum Jump: