Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Are You Listening To?
Tiggi Wrote:He's also had problems with mental instability, and has been sectioned under the Mental Health Act, spending 6 months in a psychiatric hospital.

really?

just remember tiggi, dont step on an ant,he'll come looking for you!
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

Jim O'Rourke - Movie on the Way Down

[Image: Jimorourkeeureka.jpg]
from my library (vinyl)

[Image: f77998fh8vn.jpg]

Joe burst on the scene in '79 with Look Sharp which I fell in love with. Still have my pin that came with the album. Don't think he ever equaled that effort. Maybe Night & Day although that was probably considered a sellout by the hardcore. Why? because it sold out. Anyway I'm getting behind myself as this album was after that and Joe was well into his jazz phase as witnessed by this album jacket. Doesn't get any more 50's era jazz looking than that. Although the horns dominate this album, it still rocks. You Can't Get What You Want did pretty well here at #15 with the album coming in at a respectable #20 and #14 in the U.K.. Might have even driven some listeners to pick up some true jazz.

I LIKE THIS ALBUM

Worst Track - Loisaida

Best Track - Be My Number Two

Won't you be my number two
Me and number one are through
There won't be too much to do
Just smile when i feel blue

And there's not much left of me
What you get is what you see
Is it worth the energy
I leave it up to you

And if you got something to say to me
Don't try to play your funny games on me
I know that it's really not fair of me
But my heart's seen too much action

And every time i look at you
You'll be who i want you to
And i'll do what i can do
To make a dream or two come true
If you'll be my
If you be my number two

1) The Verdict - ***
2) Cha Cha Loco - **
3) Not Here, Not Now - **
4) You Can't Get What You Want - *** - live
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bo759np9-nM
5) Go For It - **
6) Loisaida - *
7) Happy Ending - *** - live
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bG-VEjd-hl4
8) Be My Number Two - *** - audio
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfGcHJtXyok
9) Heart Of Ice - *

3's - 4
2's - 3
1's - 2

Rating - 2.2

eminem-recovery, i listen to it whenever im in my car at the moment, i am getting sick of the rhianna song though, thank God for 'skip' button
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

[Image: 51jGMTkeuIL._SL500_AA300_.jpg]

Take a couple of Snow Patrollers, someone from Belle & Sebastian, Peter Buck & one of the touring musicians from REM, plus a host of guest appearances, and make an album of Countryish songs which Gary Lightbody from Snow Patrol describes as a love-letter to America (or something like that).

I quite liked this, but checking the reviews it's hard to find a positive word said about it.

C'est la Vie !!
what do you want from me.. just don't give up.. please don't give in.. I wouldn't let you down..
Tiggi Wrote:He's also had problems with mental instability, and has been sectioned under the Mental Health Act, spending 6 months in a psychiatric hospital.

any ideas on why Adam Ant was in a psych.hospital tiggi?, being in one doesnt neccessarily mean he was 'crazy', people go to them also to destress their lives when they cant cope or function due to the environment they live in, they can also go in a psych.hospital for drug addiction. if this sounds like i know what im talking about, its because i do! i was in a psych.hospital for 2 months last year to beat my demons, dependancy of valium, so were not all crazy....or are we?

Trying to glean the truth from websites is never easy, but apparently:

- He has suffered for many years with bipolar disorder
- In '02, following threats from the jealous husband of a woman who was making stage clothes for him, he went looking for the man to confront him. Believing him to be in a London pub, he entered and was subjected to ridicule by the customers before being ejected by security staff. Some hours later he threw a car alternator through the window of the pub, injuring a customer, and proceeded to threaten people with an imitation firearm
- In '03 he tried to break down a neighbour's patio door with a shovel before fleeing. He was later found by the police in a cafe basement with his trousers down trying to go to sleep
- Following these episodes he was sectioned, and treated for 6 months
- In early '10 he was sectioned again following some erratic behaviour, but it is believed the treatment was the result of a suicide bid

Make of that what you will...
Dig out your soul oasis[attach=config]439[/attach]

Divine Comedy - Bang Goes The Knighthood

great so far