Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
french fado song's name
#1
Hi and thanks for reading!

I'm looking for a song I heard when I was in Lecche, and honestly I have almost nothing to go on. A street musician sang it and played a simple guitar background, with I thought 2 chords, maybe more, and one of them was Dm (I think :S). Off course it could be that it's played with more instruments by pther artists, I wouldn't know. It was a french fado, and some words I can remember were 'le monde' and "c'est moi". Not many leads, but any answer is welcome, if it is not the song I was looking for it might still be a great fado worth listening to and maybe I'll eventually have a lot of new songs to listen too, without having the one I was looking for. That would be fine with me!

Thanks for reading and double thanks for helping!
Reply
#2
I love the soundtrack to the French film, The 400 Blows! ...simple guitar music , not many notes, but no vocals either. I have no idea what song you're looking for, Thomas! Welcome aboard MD!...and what does "a French fado" signify?
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Reply
#3
Hi Steve0 and thanks for commenting!
Fado is a music style from Portugal. It is originally just folk music with only (portugese) guitar and singing, but has now become much more than that. Fado is now on the UNESCO-list, but even though it's quite well-known nowadays, the vast majority of fado songs are still in Portugese. But this song wasn't, that's the weird thing about it, it was in French.
By the way, thanks for the suggestion, the soundtrack indeed is very nice!
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  There’s a song I’m trying to find on YouTube, yet I don’t know the name or singer AtomHeartBrother 2 4,092 08-01-2024, 21:06
Last Post: AtomHeartBrother
  For 30 years I've been wanting to know this song. bananasushi 2 1,428 17-01-2022, 19:26
Last Post: JonWR77
  Please help ID Tango-like song cmemil 0 1,946 04-02-2017, 06:46
Last Post: cmemil
  New age song ID qwertum 4 2,310 30-01-2017, 06:00
Last Post: bob_32_116
  Help me guess this song james_donovan 0 1,390 19-12-2016, 15:30
Last Post: james_donovan
  What song is this clip is from? I think its some 80's song shawninvancouvwer 2 1,892 10-12-2016, 18:04
Last Post: bob_32_116
  'What is this song' request sets 0 1,253 18-11-2016, 00:45
Last Post: sets
  What's the name of this great latin song? Please help me find it. MrP 0 1,484 13-11-2016, 00:47
Last Post: MrP
  What is the song? qwertum 3 2,348 03-11-2016, 15:55
Last Post: Jerome
  Song name? Nerdy42 0 1,410 31-10-2016, 18:17
Last Post: Nerdy42

Forum Jump: