Posts: 61
Threads: 5
Joined: Oct 2009
I REALLY, REALLY AM AT ABSOLUTE BOILING POINT!!
PLEASE STOP THESE INCESSANT E-MAILS.
I DON'T CARE THAT THIS IS YOUR SYSTEM OR WHATEVER -
STOP THE BLOODY E-MAILS!!!!!
USUALLY ON THE LINES OF "CURRENTLY WATCHING" - I don't give a rats arse who is watching what, why, where or when, JUST STOP THE BLOODY E-MAILS!!!:yell:
You know you can you lot whoever that may be moderaters, supervisors - whatever!!
STOP THE BLOODY E-MAILS OR I SHALL JUST HAVE TO CANCEL MY MEMBERSHIP EXCEPT I HAVE THAT AWFUL FEELING THAT THEY WILL STILL HAUNT ME!:frusty:
Posts: 5,551
Threads: 146
Joined: Jan 2008
I'm sorry this is happening, Em. Unfortunately I've no idea why it's happening.
I've sent an e-mail to Tony (head honcho) to alert him to the problem, and hopefully he'll be able to sort it.
Posts: 29,763
Threads: 8,842
Joined: Aug 2009
I thought I had explained this.
You must make a post to the thread. Use the advanced option.
scroll down, you will see this.
"Subscription
Subscribe to this thread and notify me of changes: "
There are options where that check mark is.Yours must currently be set to be notified by e-mail.TURN IT OFF
You should only have to do this once for each forum.
You must make a post to change the option.
Posts: 638
Threads: 17
Joined: May 2010
I actually had this problem too myself! I just went to control panel & clicked subscriptions. I had 67! (don't ask how, I dont even remember doing it!). Its handy cos you can just delete them all in a 1'er which i did.
Posts: 35,590
Threads: 3,572
Joined: Jul 2010
i dont mind them at all, because it basically shows whats been happening on the site when ive been at work or overnight. i dont have a problem with them
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.
Posts: 29,763
Threads: 8,842
Joined: Aug 2009
Mr.Soul Wrote:I actually had this problem too myself! I just went to control panel & clicked subscriptions. I had 67! (don't ask how, I dont even remember doing it!). Its handy cos you can just delete them all in a 1'er which i did.
So that stopped you from getting the e-mails?
If so, that is a cleaner alternative to my solution.
thanks
Posts: 638
Threads: 17
Joined: May 2010
Music Head Wrote:So that stopped you from getting the e-mails?
If so, that is a cleaner alternative to my solution.
thanks
Yes, only thing I forgot to do was do the bit you had already mentioned. Reason I was getting them was it was automatically subscribing every time I posted in a thread lol.
Posts: 29,763
Threads: 8,842
Joined: Aug 2009
That seems to be the problem.
The default is to get an e-mail everytime someone posts to a thread that you have posted to unless you change that option.
Not sure that should be the default, but so it is.
Hope this all helps emi.
Posts: 201
Threads: 19
Joined: Apr 2010
If you can remain calm while all those around you are losing their heads, you probably haven't checked your emails :biggrin:
" Anything that is too stupid to be spoken is sung. "
Posts: 417
Threads: 183
Joined: Dec 2007
Emillu Wrote:I REALLY, REALLY AM AT ABSOLUTE BOILING POINT!!
PLEASE STOP THESE INCESSANT E-MAILS.
I DON'T CARE THAT THIS IS YOUR SYSTEM OR WHATEVER -
STOP THE BLOODY E-MAILS!!!!!
USUALLY ON THE LINES OF "CURRENTLY WATCHING" - I don't give a rats arse who is watching what, why, where or when, JUST STOP THE BLOODY E-MAILS!!!:yell:
You know you can you lot whoever that may be moderaters, supervisors - whatever!!
STOP THE BLOODY E-MAILS OR I SHALL JUST HAVE TO CANCEL MY MEMBERSHIP EXCEPT I HAVE THAT AWFUL FEELING THAT THEY WILL STILL HAUNT ME!:frusty:
Are you still getting these e-mails or is this problem now sorted?