13-08-2008, 10:14
I couldn't find a thread dedicated to this awesomest of awesome bands so...
RADIOHEAD FANS UNITE!
Reasons why I love Radiohead:
1. They've been around for so long and they haven't sold out yet. In fact, they've gone indie. How freakin' sick is that.
2. They aren't afraid to take risks. Like the whole going indie thing. They turned down multi-million dollar deals so that they could stay true to their music. And the whole downloading In Rainbows for free thing.
3. They're musical chameleons. They're constantly experimenting. Compare all their albums and you'll realize none of them are the same. They've done it all: lite-grunge to acoustic to alternative to electronica/experimental to a delicate mixture of all.
4. They have no limits. All the instruments they use, especially in Kid A/Amnesiac...stunning.
5. What startles me more than their talent is how far they've come as a band. Try comparing Pablo Honey with In Rainbows. The difference is staggering.
...What a band.
Some questions to think about:
1. What's your favorite album?
Surprisingly, I am one of the few that actually prefer their electronica/experimental phase over their alternative-guitar rock phase. I've heard some accusations that it's "too wild/experimental" but in my opinion there is no such thing as too experimental. My personal favorite album is Kid A. The songs are all astonishingly different yet they flow seamlessly from one to the other, so it seems as if Kid A is just one 50 minute song with 10 parts. AMAZING. They'll never be able to top this, in my opinion. Anyone else agree?
2. Your favorite song off of In Rainbows?
I'm OBSESSED with Reckoner. I think it's one of their best songs ever. Besides that, I'm slightly partial to 15 Step and Jigsaw Falling Into Place.
DISCUSS.
RADIOHEAD FANS UNITE!
Reasons why I love Radiohead:
1. They've been around for so long and they haven't sold out yet. In fact, they've gone indie. How freakin' sick is that.
2. They aren't afraid to take risks. Like the whole going indie thing. They turned down multi-million dollar deals so that they could stay true to their music. And the whole downloading In Rainbows for free thing.
3. They're musical chameleons. They're constantly experimenting. Compare all their albums and you'll realize none of them are the same. They've done it all: lite-grunge to acoustic to alternative to electronica/experimental to a delicate mixture of all.
4. They have no limits. All the instruments they use, especially in Kid A/Amnesiac...stunning.
5. What startles me more than their talent is how far they've come as a band. Try comparing Pablo Honey with In Rainbows. The difference is staggering.
...What a band.
Some questions to think about:
1. What's your favorite album?
Surprisingly, I am one of the few that actually prefer their electronica/experimental phase over their alternative-guitar rock phase. I've heard some accusations that it's "too wild/experimental" but in my opinion there is no such thing as too experimental. My personal favorite album is Kid A. The songs are all astonishingly different yet they flow seamlessly from one to the other, so it seems as if Kid A is just one 50 minute song with 10 parts. AMAZING. They'll never be able to top this, in my opinion. Anyone else agree?
2. Your favorite song off of In Rainbows?
I'm OBSESSED with Reckoner. I think it's one of their best songs ever. Besides that, I'm slightly partial to 15 Step and Jigsaw Falling Into Place.
DISCUSS.
ICE AGE COMING ICE AGE COMINGGGGGGGG

