Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
other than so-called 'new punk'.....
you know what really gets up my nose (besides flies this time of year)?
when i go to the effort of listening to an album,writing up a review of it for the site, then go to youtube and discover either
a)only one original version for a link:confused:
b)lots of dodgy live versions of songs caught on camera:frown:
c)nothing but other peoples crappy versions of the song i want to bring to you!!!!:eek:

Aaaaarrrrgggghhhhhhh!!!!!!

especially when it takes me the best part of the album im listening to, to write my reviewCool

is there anywhere else i can go to seek out clips/audios of tracks other than youtube if i get stuck, as ive done two reviews in the last 2 days but cant find decent links on youtube. i dont want 'b' grade audios and 'c' grade videos of live versions as they deter from from the review if you guys wanna check out the albums im doing:biggrin1::attention:
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

I feel your pain.
When I'm looking for youtube clips I prefer a live performance clip over anything else, but will not post them if it is really bad audio or video. Detracts from any quality that may have existed. If I can't find a decent live performance clip, I resort to a video, but usually only if they are studio made. Don't care for those homemade ones. Lastly I go for the audio clip which in a lot of cases is best. At least you get what was on the album. There are rare instances where any of the above are scarce. I have gone to lastfm to get a good audio clip, but usually if it's not on youtube, there is nothing there either.
Even though sometimes they come up short, I still love youtube.

thanks, i'll try lastfm, looking for links to tracks on neil young 'zuma' can only find 'cortez the killer' and dodgy live clips for couple of the other tracks.
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

Don't know why really, but you-tube does very little for me, and I rarely use it.

Maybe my laptop is a bit too slow to make video streaming worth the effort...

Sorry, guys.
It's amazing what you can find on YT. Many classic live performances can be obtained that you might not otherwise be able to get. It's like browsing in the old record store years ago. You never know what you are going to find. Wish we'd had this technology available when I was a kid. I would never have gone to school. Come to think of it, a lot of the time I didn't. Finally figured out my initials stand for 'Juvenile Delinquent!'
For those of you that have not heard - GrooveShark is a good resource for music streaming and last.fm is also a good one. I tend to avoid youtube for the lack of quality.
Got some time on your hands? Or wanna check out new (or old) music? Come have a read - http://www.wecalleditmusic.com/
jwee5467 Wrote:For those of you that have not heard - GrooveShark is a good resource for music streaming and last.fm is also a good one. I tend to avoid youtube for the lack of quality.

been to lastfm, will try grooveshark though, thanks jwee

jwee5467 Wrote:For those of you that have not heard - GrooveShark is a good resource for music streaming and last.fm is also a good one. I tend to avoid youtube for the lack of quality.

explain please

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Enough with the Punk documentaries! And Curt Cobain being crobarred in. Sat 0 510 18-04-2016, 16:48
Last Post: Sat
  New Song called New Day! Love to hear your thoughts good or bad :) Muso1070 0 645 19-01-2016, 20:28
Last Post: Muso1070
  Punk Goes Pop Vol. 6 morganlee76 1 653 23-11-2014, 03:44
Last Post: jazzboCR
  A new Band called Maudes Wagon - Love em Shameliss 1 766 05-09-2013, 21:32
Last Post: SteveO