Posts: 35,590
Threads: 3,572
Joined: Jul 2010
so what do we all do to earn a living??
im a 2nd Fixer...carpenter
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.
Posts: 29,763
Threads: 8,842
Joined: Aug 2009
Retired now.
Computer programmer for most of my career.
Quit my programming job in 78 for a gig as a record store manager.
Lasted for 1 1/2 years before they folded.
Right next to University of Kentucky campus.
The competition was fierce.
Back to the desk.
Posts: 35,590
Threads: 3,572
Joined: Jul 2010
Music Head Wrote:Retired now.
Computer programmer for most of my career.
Quit my programming job in 78 for a gig as a record store manager.
Lasted for 1 1/2 years before they folded.
Right next to University of Kentucky campus.
The competition was fierce.
Back to the desk.
i think you forgot your most important job description....Membership Administrator, CEO, Music Discussion.com
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.
Posts: 2,223
Threads: 359
Joined: Oct 2009
I think we did this one before but
For twenty years of more I worked in Education...............I have been in various positions , I have been a school inspector ...............I have run a full section of a school and lots of other points in between.....................In the last ten years I have worked in international education and lately I have worked part time in a local international school in the Netherlands
Seven years ago I took on a new line..............My wife and I wanted to set up a business together and move away from our current jobs. We bought a rundown cottage with a barn on the back and set about renovating it and turning it into a five star Bed and Breakfast business....................It was hard fight and we have worked really hard to realise our dream but, just over two and a half years ago we opened our doors to our first customers and thing have gone from strength to strength...............As I have been a member of MD for little over 10 postings I guess I'm allowed to post a link to show the result!
http://www.kingstons-cottage.nl/
So it is possible to follow your dreams and make them into a reality

:nod:
Nice to be able to go back to trust and friendship!!!!!!!!!
It's a mixed up sensation this being alive
Oh! it wears a man down into the ground
It's the strangest elation
I can't describe it
Oh it leaves a man weary
It makes a man frown..............................Chris Simpson ( "Mixed Up Sensations" 1975 Martin's Cafe )
Posts: 29,763
Threads: 8,842
Joined: Aug 2009
Very nice gryphon.
Congrats to you on pursuing and achieving your dream.
love it
Posts: 2,223
Threads: 359
Joined: Oct 2009
Thank you! It's nice to do something you enjoy

mile:
Nice to be able to go back to trust and friendship!!!!!!!!!
It's a mixed up sensation this being alive
Oh! it wears a man down into the ground
It's the strangest elation
I can't describe it
Oh it leaves a man weary
It makes a man frown..............................Chris Simpson ( "Mixed Up Sensations" 1975 Martin's Cafe )
Posts: 5,551
Threads: 146
Joined: Jan 2008
I'm an electrician, and work maintaining & improving machinery in a toiletries factory.
Posts: 9,643
Threads: 255
Joined: Jun 2010
04-11-2010, 20:29
(This post was last modified: 04-11-2010, 20:40 by Jerome.)
Space Cadet - Class One. Great place Gryphon - Holland is a wonderful place. Have very fond memories of it. And everything just bloody works. The Rijks Museum (sp??) was spectacular. Went to the VVG museum in Amsterdam and it was about three or four floors high. The bottom floor was for unknown artists and there was a painting of a girl lying in a meadow with her hair blowing in the breeze. When I first walked in and saw it I thought it was a photograph. That's how good it was. It was a huge canvas and it felt like you could actually step into the field where she was. I was so blown away by it I forgot to look at the name of the artist. The Netherlands/Holland is the home of the true masters of painting.
Posts: 9,643
Threads: 255
Joined: Jun 2010
And after that I went to see Ziggy Marley at a venue which used to be a church. 'Africa Unite' and 'Tomorrow People' were the two tracks I remember. ...vaguely....
Also went to a festival at the Hague...was supposed to be Jazz but was quite ****
Posts: 35,590
Threads: 3,572
Joined: Jul 2010
Tiggi Wrote:I'm an electrician, and work maintaining & improving machinery in a toiletries factory.
LOLOLOL!...toilets,PF.....its all starting to make sense.the last piece of the puzzle fits perfect!
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.