Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Mike Batt
#1
Anybody into Mr Batt's stuff?
Reply
#2
Not at all, but whatever his role has been with Katie Melua, I like her work...
Reply
#3
I don't have much by him. 'Waves', Schizophonia' & 'Caravans' the latter being my favourite.
Reply
#4
who is he.i do no not know him
Reply
#5
http://www.mikebatt.com/
Reply
#6
^ Remember you're a Womble...
"Writing about music is like dancing about architecture"

Unknown
Reply
#7
I'M NOT A WOMBLE!!! A lot of people cannot relate to MB's music - it's too diverse, but if you ever have the opportunity listen to his sonic interpretation of waves on the album of the same name. I have never heard someone describe the motion of waves as perfectly as he has done. Also Caravans is just awesome. An absolute masterpiece for this 'non-genre'.
Here's one from Schizophonia - The Ride to Agadir - which I will be visiting this year. Hashish here we come!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLBlep6ypsQ
Reply
#8
I have actually seen MB conduct one of the London orchestra's at a free open air "gig" in my home town, to celebrate the opening of the Channel Tunnel.

Reading up on him, I find he's far more successful than I'd realised...
"Writing about music is like dancing about architecture"

Unknown
Reply
#9
A lot of people do not realise how much he has contributed to modern music. 'Watership Down', Katie Melua etc, etc. But I have to say he is totally unpredictable - as is his music. A rough diamond if ever there was one.
Reply
#10
Let's see--in the last 40+ years he's put out 24 albums, so somebody must like him. Here's AMG on 2 later albums: http://www.allmusic.com/album/tarot-suite-mw0000836806 and http://www.allmusic.com/album/the-huntin...0000439708
Somebody want to sample his post-1988 material and get back to us? I'm not batty myself...
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Star Mike Tyson- boxing legend sing-a-long 1 1,242 21-11-2023, 12:50
Last Post: Music Head
  News from Mike Oldfield Jerome 2 2,915 29-10-2017, 13:19
Last Post: Jerome
  Mike the microphone! funny speed art XD someDude 0 1,321 27-11-2014, 18:32
Last Post: someDude
  Mike Oldfield Jerome 6 3,209 20-01-2013, 02:01
Last Post: R_burke
  Court trial over ELO cellist Mike Edwards' death (BBC Website) gryphon 4 2,536 03-12-2011, 22:10
Last Post: gryphon
  Mike Tyson and Dubya skit CRAZY-HORSE 1 1,447 04-03-2011, 13:36
Last Post: Tiggi
  Mike Myers ambernector 1 2,778 08-01-2008, 03:07
Last Post: JonG

Forum Jump: