Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Injuries & War Wounds
#1
Any significant injuries or operations involving scar tissue or broken bones ??

I've been pretty lucky:

- Tonsils and adenoids removed age 6
- Gashed right knee leading to a 3 inch scar after landing on a rock buried in the pitch whilst playing field hockey for my school at age 14
- Gashed palm of left hand leaving short-but-wide scar after getting sleeve caught in a metalworking lathe whilst studying general engineering at college at age 16
- Few weeks later severely fractured skull after pillion motor cycle accident on way to same college at age 16

No other significant injuries, or any ops since.

I'm sure there are more impressive stories out there...
Reply
#2
All my scars are internal.
Four heart attacks resulting in several angio-plastys, two heart stents and a quadruple bypass.
Already out lasted dad who only made it to four.

I need a cigarette.

Reply
#3
Broken wrist - that's it. Been very lucky or maybe very careful or maybe not adventurous enough! Considering the crap they put us through in the military I'm surprised there isn't more. Aaaah but that was back in the days when I was fit and young and stupid. Now I'm old and stupid. And nothing fits. (weep weep)
Reply
#4
Perhaps we need to rename this site

Not a great deal to discuss

Scare on right knee from a childhood fall that needed stitches

Three inch scare on right heel from last year's Achilles tendon rupture.

2cm metal pin in my jaw from the tooth implantation I had a few years ago ( I have a great dentist you just can't tell its an implant ):eek:
Nice to be able to go back to trust and friendship!!!!!!!!!

It's a mixed up sensation this being alive
Oh! it wears a man down into the ground
It's the strangest elation
I can't describe it
Oh it leaves a man weary
It makes a man frown.
.............................Chris Simpson ( "Mixed Up Sensations" 1975 Martin's Cafe )
Reply
#5
stitches in foot,fingers,arm, forehead, back of head,chin
broken toes,ankle,hand,arm,shoulder,

most of the above caused by semi-professional cricket

almost forgot....got a splinter in my finger at work last week
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply
#6
Music Head Wrote:All my scars are internal.
Four heart attacks resulting in several angio-plastys, two heart stents and a quadruple bypass.
Already out lasted dad who only made it to four.

I need a cigarette.

Christ,man! youre still fairly young! give up the ciggies/THC or your grandkids'll be saying goodbye to you...not just the dog.
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply
#7
CRAZY-HORSE Wrote:Christ,man! youre still fairly young! give up the ciggies/THC or your grandkids'll be saying goodbye to you...not just the dog.

I enjoy both too much.
Gonna sue big tobacco. They've been threatening to kill me for at least 40 years and still haven't done it. Liars!
And I've watched Reefer Madness. I should be insane now.

Yea, the grandkids will have to face that at some point. We all do.

Reply
#8
broken nose-from my brother tripping over me and landing on my head as a child, and a broken shoulder from last new years even when some drunken so and so fell off a stage at GAY and took me down before the band came on stage!!!
we can conquer this great divide-hanson
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Knee Injuries luis131 11 4,215 10-01-2017, 03:39
Last Post: luis131

Forum Jump: