Posts: 2,223
Threads: 359
Joined: Oct 2009
We have just had really heavy rain in the last 24 hours which has put us on flooding alert. As I live only 12 m above sea level this could get interesting . Apparently we have had the most rain in one day since records began here in 1957 :frown:
Nice to be able to go back to trust and friendship!!!!!!!!!
It's a mixed up sensation this being alive
Oh! it wears a man down into the ground
It's the strangest elation
I can't describe it
Oh it leaves a man weary
It makes a man frown..............................Chris Simpson ( "Mixed Up Sensations" 1975 Martin's Cafe )
Posts: 9,643
Threads: 255
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 5,551
Threads: 146
Joined: Jan 2008
gryphon Wrote:We have just had really heavy rain in the last 24 hours which has put us on flooding alert. As I live only 12 m above sea level this could get interesting . Apparently we have had the most rain in one day since records began here in 1957 :frown:
I'm surprised records only began that recently ?!
How high is the floodwater now ??
Posts: 2,223
Threads: 359
Joined: Oct 2009
Minor parts are flooded locally but it's not serious yet:rain::fish2:
Nice to be able to go back to trust and friendship!!!!!!!!!
It's a mixed up sensation this being alive
Oh! it wears a man down into the ground
It's the strangest elation
I can't describe it
Oh it leaves a man weary
It makes a man frown..............................Chris Simpson ( "Mixed Up Sensations" 1975 Martin's Cafe )
Posts: 29,762
Threads: 8,841
Joined: Aug 2009
Tiggi Wrote:I'm surprised records only began that recently ?!
How high is the floodwater now ??
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSz6X5NMXnM
Posts: 5,551
Threads: 146
Joined: Jan 2008
Music Head Wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSz6X5NMXnM
Fantastic :laugh::laugh:.
Undoubted Post of The Day :first:.
Posts: 35,590
Threads: 3,572
Joined: Jul 2010
well done Music Head....priceless....now you're stealing ideas from my head!!!
sorry guys...but...30C/80F and fine
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.
Posts: 2,223
Threads: 359
Joined: Oct 2009
Nice to be able to go back to trust and friendship!!!!!!!!!
It's a mixed up sensation this being alive
Oh! it wears a man down into the ground
It's the strangest elation
I can't describe it
Oh it leaves a man weary
It makes a man frown..............................Chris Simpson ( "Mixed Up Sensations" 1975 Martin's Cafe )
Posts: 2,223
Threads: 359
Joined: Oct 2009
Nice to be able to go back to trust and friendship!!!!!!!!!
It's a mixed up sensation this being alive
Oh! it wears a man down into the ground
It's the strangest elation
I can't describe it
Oh it leaves a man weary
It makes a man frown..............................Chris Simpson ( "Mixed Up Sensations" 1975 Martin's Cafe )
Posts: 35,590
Threads: 3,572
Joined: Jul 2010
so thats the current view from 'kingstons cottages'? hope you're going to re-do your webpage....'with outdoor above ground pool'!
i checked the weather in your region earlier....rain clearing, that'll be a relief
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.