Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Michael Jackson - Michael
I imagine this will be topping some charts.
didn't care for some of the techno stuff
did like 3 tracks, (I Like) The Way You Love Me, Breaking News and Much Too Soon
Grade - 1.5

released Dec 14th, 2010

[Image: o90887jg4nf.jpg]

from the album - Hold My Hand - grade 1.5

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oCCnxBos10

from all music

Bio

complete bio was too long. just included the first paragraph here.
Michael Jackson was unquestionably the biggest pop star of the '80s, and certainly one of the most popular recording artists of all time. In his prime, Jackson was an unstoppable juggernaut, possessed of all the tools to dominate the charts seemingly at will: an instantly identifiable voice, eye-popping dance moves, stunning musical versatility, and loads of sheer star power. His 1982 blockbuster Thriller became the biggest-selling album of all time (probably his best-known accomplishment), and he was the first black artist to find stardom on MTV, breaking down innumerable boundaries both for his race and for music video as an art form. Yet as Jackson's career began, very gradually, to descend from the dizzying heights of his peak years, most of the media's attention focused on his increasingly bizarre eccentricities; he was often depicted as a man-child in a state of arrested development, completely sheltered from adult reality by a life spent in show business. The snickering turned to scandal in 1993, when Jackson was accused of molesting a 13-year-old boy; although he categorically denied the charges, his out-of-court settlement failed to restore his tarnished image. He never quite escaped the stigma of those allegations, and while he continued to sell records at superstar-like levels, he didn't release them with enough frequency (or, many critics thought, inspiration) to once again become better known for his music than his private life. Whether as a pop icon or a tabloid caricature, Jackson always remained bigger than life.

Album Review

As the first excavation of Michael Jackson’s vaults, Michael carries the weight of expectation it cannot possibly bear to support. After Jackson split with Quincy Jones following 1987’s Bad, he had a revolving door on his studio, letting in all major producers for a track or three, sometimes selecting these songs for a finished album, sometimes not. Michael rounds up ten of these leftovers, relying heavily on cuts he was tinkering with in the years after Invincible, but apart from cameos by Akon and 50 Cent, there’s precious little here that sounds modern. Perhaps it’s the heavy presence of Teddy Riley, but much of this recalls the cacophonic clutter of Dangerous, heavy on rhythms but not melody, so desperate for relevance that every overdub is overworked. Tellingly, the exceptions to the rule are the oldest tunes here -- “Behind the Mask” and “Much Too Soon,” both dating back to Thriller, and “(I Like) The Way You Love Me,” an outtake first aired on the 2004 box The Ultimate Collection and reworked somewhat extensively here. Much of this has likely been tweaked extensively to prep it for release, but it’s impossible to discern exactly what overdubs were added after Jackson’s death, particularly because this so heavily recalls his last decade of released records, right down to the recurring theme of MJ’s persecution, which sounds quite bizarre in the wake of his passing. That and Akon’s self-aggrandizing salvo to the opening “Hold My Hand” are the only ghoulish touches here: Michael is often tacky but considering how garish Jackson’s taste could be, it winds up seeming almost respectful. At the very least, the album doesn’t tarnish his legacy, although it adds nothing to it either.

Track Listing

1 Hold My Hand Kelly, Thiame, Tuinfort 3:33
2 Hollywood Tonight Buxer, Jackson, Riley 4:31
3 Keep Your Head Up Cascio, Jackson, Porte 4:51
4 (I Like) The Way You Love Me Jackson 4:34
5 Monster Cascio, Jackson, Jackson, Porte 5:05
6 Best of Joy Jackson 3:03
7 Breaking News Cascio, Jackson, Porte 4:14
8 (I Can't Make It) Another Day Kravitz 3:55
9 Behind the Mask Jackson, Mosdell, Sakamoto 5:02
10 Much Too Soon Jackson 2:48

^ Ker-ching !!
I ordered this a couple of days ago. Can't wait to hear it.
i got the album last week.
it is a fair album,i'd probably give it a rating of 1.8 ish if i was doing the review if it....there is no Billie Jean,Wanna Be Starting Something,Bad, etc on the album, but it is a good collection of songs...better than 'invincible' and 'dangerous'.
this will be the first of many releases of MJ's unreleased material, i think that Quincy Jones should produce anything else that gets released as he helped MJ's career with his production in the 1980s.
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NEW SINGLE: Michael Kiwanuka - Floating Parade Ruby 0 177 14-07-2024, 12:06
Last Post: Ruby
  NEW ALBUM: Killer Mike - Michael Music Head 0 336 01-07-2023, 11:52
Last Post: Music Head
  Michael Kiwanuka "love and hate" CRAZY-HORSE 4 1,873 27-07-2016, 21:00
Last Post: bob_32_116
  Michael Kiwanuka "black man in a white world" CRAZY-HORSE 0 933 04-04-2016, 07:17
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Sir Walter Jackson oldies65 0 685 27-05-2015, 21:05
Last Post: oldies65
  Freddie Jackson - For You Music Head 0 1,487 20-11-2010, 13:05
Last Post: Music Head
  Lauren Pritchard "wasted in jackson" CRAZY-HORSE 0 901 15-11-2010, 10:49
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE