Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
The Velvet Underground
#11
Music Head Wrote:excellent album, although Berlin is my fav

this - love Lou Reed

Pale Blue Eyes is my favourite Velvet Underground song.
Reply
#12
Velvet Underground - 2 songs (Venus in Furs, Sunday Morning)

Lou Reed - 1 song (Walk on the Wild Side)

Other than those 3 songs I could probably take or leave the rest. Those 3 songs are musical masterpieces, no doubt about it. But overall I think Velvet Underground and Lou Reed are ok but there are other bands/artists I'd rather listen to.
Reply
#13
Velvet Underground is one of my all time favorite bands, but I have to agree with you. I never did like their avant garde stuff of of Nico (Black Angel is horrible) and the whole album was less enjoyable for me as a result. On the other hand White Light/ White Heat I always found to be a very fun album to listen to for some reason. The third album is my favorite by far, but Loaded is great too. All in all I thought Velvet Underground & Nico was filled with great songs, but had some crap as well.
Reply
#14
Don't have any VU albums. I remember LR released a solo album called 'Magic and Loss'. The title intrigued me. Anyone got this and is it any good?
Reply
#15
I do

no.......

Reply
#16
Magic & loss is a good LR album in my view.

Written in response to the death of two close friends, it's a reflection on death and the emotions that surround it. It's not a cheerful record, but is pretty strong as far as I'm concerned. Allmusic disagree, giving it a mediocre 3 out of 5 stars.
"Writing about music is like dancing about architecture"

Unknown
Reply
#17
Another split decision

Ain't music fun?

Reply
#18
It just proves that Allmusic is fallible IMHO !!
"Writing about music is like dancing about architecture"

Unknown
Reply
#19
Lets just say that Tiggi & Music Head are split personalities!
Reply
#20
Thanks for that !!

...I think.
"Writing about music is like dancing about architecture"

Unknown
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NEW SINGLE: Steve Hackett - Underground Railroad Ruby 0 1,204 22-12-2018, 11:49
Last Post: Ruby
  A deep-underground progressive Band jones 0 1,508 15-05-2016, 13:06
Last Post: jones
  an underground super-group jazzboCR 0 1,156 25-02-2015, 07:45
Last Post: jazzboCR
  Slither - Velvet Revolver Ioana 0 822 24-06-2013, 12:25
Last Post: Ioana
  Hell preachers inc supreme psycadellic underground Mrrusty1 1 1,421 11-06-2012, 21:13
Last Post: Mrrusty1

Forum Jump: