24-12-2010, 00:16
Music Head Wrote:excellent album, although Berlin is my fav
this - love Lou Reed
Pale Blue Eyes is my favourite Velvet Underground song.
|
The Velvet Underground
|
|
24-12-2010, 00:16
Music Head Wrote:excellent album, although Berlin is my fav this - love Lou Reed Pale Blue Eyes is my favourite Velvet Underground song.
24-12-2010, 03:13
Velvet Underground - 2 songs (Venus in Furs, Sunday Morning)
Lou Reed - 1 song (Walk on the Wild Side) Other than those 3 songs I could probably take or leave the rest. Those 3 songs are musical masterpieces, no doubt about it. But overall I think Velvet Underground and Lou Reed are ok but there are other bands/artists I'd rather listen to.
02-01-2011, 05:21
Velvet Underground is one of my all time favorite bands, but I have to agree with you. I never did like their avant garde stuff of of Nico (Black Angel is horrible) and the whole album was less enjoyable for me as a result. On the other hand White Light/ White Heat I always found to be a very fun album to listen to for some reason. The third album is my favorite by far, but Loaded is great too. All in all I thought Velvet Underground & Nico was filled with great songs, but had some crap as well.
02-01-2011, 05:49
Don't have any VU albums. I remember LR released a solo album called 'Magic and Loss'. The title intrigued me. Anyone got this and is it any good?
02-01-2011, 12:46
Magic & loss is a good LR album in my view.
Written in response to the death of two close friends, it's a reflection on death and the emotions that surround it. It's not a cheerful record, but is pretty strong as far as I'm concerned. Allmusic disagree, giving it a mediocre 3 out of 5 stars.
"Writing about music is like dancing about architecture"
Unknown
02-01-2011, 13:12
It just proves that Allmusic is fallible IMHO !!
"Writing about music is like dancing about architecture"
Unknown
02-01-2011, 19:46
Lets just say that Tiggi & Music Head are split personalities!
03-01-2011, 12:15
Thanks for that !!
...I think.
"Writing about music is like dancing about architecture"
Unknown |
|
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
|
| Possibly Related Threads... | |||||
| Thread | Author | Replies | Views | Last Post | |
| NEW SINGLE: Steve Hackett - Underground Railroad | Ruby | 0 | 1,203 |
22-12-2018, 11:49 Last Post: Ruby |
|
| A deep-underground progressive Band | jones | 0 | 1,507 |
15-05-2016, 13:06 Last Post: jones |
|
| an underground super-group | jazzboCR | 0 | 1,156 |
25-02-2015, 07:45 Last Post: jazzboCR |
|
| Slither - Velvet Revolver | Ioana | 0 | 821 |
24-06-2013, 12:25 Last Post: Ioana |
|
| Hell preachers inc supreme psycadellic underground | Mrrusty1 | 1 | 1,420 |
11-06-2012, 21:13 Last Post: Mrrusty1 |
|