Posts: 119
Threads: 119
Joined: Nov 2010
i would have to say by artist
Albert Collins- Master Charge, When The Welfare Turns It's Back On You
Muddy Waters- I Want You To Love Me, Rollin Stone
B.B. King- The Thrill Is Gone, Boogie Woogies Woman
[url=http://www.musicbanter.com/jazz-blues/7629-favorite-blues-songs-artist-hands-johnson.html#ixzz16pJmzSiY][/url]
Posts: 5,551
Threads: 146
Joined: Jan 2008
I like BB's The Thrill is Gone as well.
Also,
- Mannish Boy, Hoochie Coochie Man, & Champagne & Reefer, by Muddy Waters
- Boom Boom by John Lee Hooker
- Smokestack Lightnin' by Howlin' Wolf
- Red House by Jimi Hendrix
- Same Old Blues by Eric Clapton
- Cross Road Blues by Robert Johnson
amongst others...
Posts: 2,223
Threads: 359
Joined: Oct 2009
JJ Cale........................After Midnight.............................Cocaine
Nice to be able to go back to trust and friendship!!!!!!!!!
It's a mixed up sensation this being alive
Oh! it wears a man down into the ground
It's the strangest elation
I can't describe it
Oh it leaves a man weary
It makes a man frown..............................Chris Simpson ( "Mixed Up Sensations" 1975 Martin's Cafe )
Posts: 5,551
Threads: 146
Joined: Jan 2008
I've just read Clapton's autobiog, and his love for Cale shines through loud & clear.
I wouldn't want too many Cale albums, as he can be a little samey, but I love his Troubadour album.
Posts: 6
Threads: 2
Joined: Jan 2011
Favorite blues song of all time?? Wow..hmm this is a hard one. I would have to go with RedHouse. Followed by Texas Flood
Posts: 9,643
Threads: 255
Joined: Jun 2010
Like Robert Cray's stuff. And JJ Cale's '5' is brilliant.
Posts: 4
Threads: 0
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 53
Threads: 2
Joined: Mar 2011
01-04-2011, 12:11
(This post was last modified: 01-04-2011, 12:11 by JTRiff.)
Hooker - I'm Bad (like Jesse James) a few versions
Broonzy - Good liquor gonna carry me down
White - Jitterbug Swing
Dixon - Built for comfort
C. Brown - Black Night is falling
Mama Thornton- You are one black Rat
A. King - I'll play the blues for you
Jimi- Jelly292
Muddy - Cant be satisfied
J. Rogers - Rock this House
Milton - I'll be thinking of you
J. Wells - Chitlin Con Carne
Waller- Fats Waller's original E-flat blues
O. Rush - She's a good'un
J Winter - Mean town Blues
Allman - Statesboro blues
L. Walter - Tell me Mama
Clapton - no. )
Posts: 289
Threads: 13
Joined: Jan 2012
Some of my personal favorites are:
John Lee hooker - Boom Boom
BB King - The Thrill is Gone
Jimi Hendrix - Voodo Chile
Joe Bonamassa - Sloe Gin
Santana - Blues for Salvador
Ray Charles - Sinner's Prayer
Buddy Guy - You're Damn Right i Got The Blues!
BB King - How Blue Can You Get
Posts: 13,354
Threads: 236
Joined: May 2011
Robert Johnson - Love in Vain
Son House - Death Letter
Muddy Waters - Mannish Boy
Cream (Clapton) - Crossroads
Led Zeppelin - Since I've Been Loving You....to name a few
The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!