Posts: 5
Threads: 1
Joined: Apr 2011
Here goes nothing. I'm just an almost 17 year old girl who enjoys singing and listening to my favorite bands. Of these wonderful musicians, my favorites are the Beatles, the Stones, and... well I guess those two are my top two bands. (I've always liked the Beatles, but I've just started to listen to the Stones..). My hero is George Harrison, who has recently inspired me to think for myself. (hehe) Talk to me to find out my other musical interests

Trust me, I have many more. Recommend some music to me! (I'm not really an Indie fan though.) Also, I play piano, but I'm not really great or anything. :tongue:
Posts: 35,590
Threads: 3,572
Joined: Jul 2010
welcome to MD Panda,
its good to see someone of your youthful age listening to the likes of The Beatles and The Stones
have you ever checked out The Small Faces from the same era?
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.
Posts: 2,223
Threads: 359
Joined: Oct 2009
Welcome to MD
I too am a big Beatles fan !
Nice to be able to go back to trust and friendship!!!!!!!!!
It's a mixed up sensation this being alive
Oh! it wears a man down into the ground
It's the strangest elation
I can't describe it
Oh it leaves a man weary
It makes a man frown..............................Chris Simpson ( "Mixed Up Sensations" 1975 Martin's Cafe )
Posts: 5
Threads: 1
Joined: Apr 2011
Hmm somewhat yes. I only know their one song though - Itchycoo Park. But I've forgotten about them XD Thanks for the suggestion!
Posts: 5
Threads: 1
Joined: Apr 2011
yay, thank you gryphon
Posts: 35,590
Threads: 3,572
Joined: Jul 2010
pandasinger Wrote:Hmm somewhat yes. I only know their one song though - Itchycoo Park. But I've forgotten about them XD Thanks for the suggestion!
Gryphon is our resident Beatle 'expert' im sure he can answer any questions you have.
"itchycoo park" isnt really indicitive of Small Faces sound, youtube have many fine clips to help you discover their music
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.
Posts: 5,551
Threads: 146
Joined: Jan 2008
Hi Panda, & welcome to MD.
The Beatles & The Stones form the foundations of many a music fan's tastes, so you're in good hands.
Hope you enjoy the site.
"Writing about music is like dancing about architecture"
Unknown