Posts: 13
Threads: 5
Joined: Apr 2011
Hey everyone,
My name is Aaron, and I'm new to the Music Discussion forum. I like all kinds of music, but lately have been focusing on Jazz and Adult Contemporary for my work. I've been lucky enough to do social media for such artists as Barry Manilow, Matt Dusk, Lorna Luft, and Tom Wopart (Dukes of Hazzard). I have a few more artists that I hope to work with as well, but it's been fun! I hope to discuss music with all of you and hopefully share some inside tidbits
Thanks,
Aaron
Posts: 35,590
Threads: 3,572
Joined: Jul 2010
hello Aaron in "lala land" and welcome to MD.
i think we'd all be interested to hear of your experiences with these artists you have named, but nothing defamatory LOL
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.
Posts: 2,223
Threads: 359
Joined: Oct 2009
Welcome to MD
Tell us more about your friends in the music business , I too ave some good friends in there !
Nice to be able to go back to trust and friendship!!!!!!!!!
It's a mixed up sensation this being alive
Oh! it wears a man down into the ground
It's the strangest elation
I can't describe it
Oh it leaves a man weary
It makes a man frown..............................Chris Simpson ( "Mixed Up Sensations" 1975 Martin's Cafe )
Posts: 5,551
Threads: 146
Joined: Jan 2008
Hello Aaron, & welcome to MD.
Spill the beans at will...
Hope you enjoy the site.
"Writing about music is like dancing about architecture"
Unknown
Posts: 13
Threads: 5
Joined: Apr 2011
12-04-2011, 17:53
(This post was last modified: 13-04-2011, 00:46 by ARobinson.)
Thanks everyone! So far it's been fun working with these artists. Matt Dusk is on tour in Canada so I've been working on giving away his concert tix on Twitter. He also has new album coming on in May. Barry Manilow also has a new CD in June. Lorna Luft (daughter of Judy Garland) is about to tour, and Tom Wopat (from Dukes of Hazzard) is now on Broadway and re-releasing an album soon. As you can guess, a lot of these artists are not familiar with social media so I'm trying to help them out with Facebook, Twitter, etc...
MysteryOfficialPage
Unregistered
08-05-2011, 07:45
(This post was last modified: 08-05-2011, 08:30 by CRAZY-HORSE.)
self promotion is not allowed at MD, thus the link has been removed,
should you wish to promote any new material you have please message Gryphon as he usually helps new artists promote themselves with his help here.
Posts: 35,590
Threads: 3,572
Joined: Jul 2010
regardless of the "edit"....welcome to MD
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.