Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
First song you learnt to play?
#31
I rest my case

Reply
#32
There is one test that is always used when evaluating an artist's contribution to society. And that is the test of time. His work will still be around after we have all long gone. He has written more tracks for other musicians than anyone else I know. If you feel his writing is irrelevant that's your choice but millions would disagree with you. And as for Bob being 'a musical force', let me correct you - he is a tsunami!
Reply
#33
Story of a Lonely Guy- Blink 182
Reply
#34
I think was behind these hazel eyes because of the 4 main chords thats used lol......I remember it took me ages as well but hey it was somewhere to start Smile
Reply
#35
I don't remember what the first song I learned was, but I remember learning G, C, and D chords and playing that progression over and over and over and over and over and over until it drove my family mad.
Reply
#36
Coheed and Cambria here in Halifax with Metallica in July.

SteveO
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Reply
#37
Fingtam Wrote:I don't remember what the first song I learned was, but I remember learning G, C, and D chords and playing that progression over and over and over and over and over and over until it drove my family mad.

Now if you had altered the mood slightly by adding, let's say, an E-minor chord, it would have brought tears to your family's eyes. Because they would realise that they are now going to have to listen to THAT progression over and over and over and over and over.....just kidding but I know what you mean. You are so surprised that you are actually able to play a series of chords that you can't stop playing it. Of course the family just want to send you off to an institution of some sort but that's the price of fame. If you really want to see the family climb the walls try practicing the drums. Now there's one to really test a mother's love for her son/daughter. I speak from bitter experience.
Reply
#38
I think the first thing I learned was the bass lines for Gigantic by the Pixies but I also learned Sunday Bloody Sunday around the same time. Hard to remember which came first.
Reply
#39
I don't remember the first song I learned to pick out, but the first song I learned to *play* (as in make it mine) was Burt Bacharach's "Alfie." I heard all the slow, dreamy versions, and then I heard the version on Bacharach's Reach Out album (strange how today it sounds like it's orchestral drum & bass), so I worked up my own arrangement that was more uptempo and swapped keys around a bit. Hadn't played it in years but I still remember what I did to it.
Reply
#40
Greensleeves! Finger-picking style Smile
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Our new instrumental piano cover song "let her go" Dimos Zagaris 1 3,078 24-05-2020, 06:39
Last Post: Jerome
  What Do You Play? Nick Dilley 28 16,989 05-02-2020, 08:20
Last Post: Subtle Q
  Here's Me Trying to Play and Record a Song While Drunk Fuzz 0 1,669 26-08-2016, 07:04
Last Post: Fuzz
  E Standard prog song/album/band ? ÔxyGen[FR] 0 1,428 03-07-2016, 13:22
Last Post: ÔxyGen[FR]
  I want to share my new song Jirka 18 9,286 03-05-2016, 09:02
Last Post: Jirka
  First Song GatorHunter 5 3,114 03-02-2016, 23:10
Last Post: vincent
  Hey I'm looking for some feedback on my new song. ManhattanPhanton 3 2,415 23-12-2015, 07:07
Last Post: ManhattanPhanton
  New song "A Better Day" frances 1 2,070 08-12-2015, 23:58
Last Post: Jirka
  New piano instrumental of the song " hello" by adele Dimos Zagaris 0 1,718 02-12-2015, 09:28
Last Post: Dimos Zagaris
  New song - "Waste of Space" - check it out! :-D NatnJenMusic 0 1,759 13-09-2015, 06:04
Last Post: NatnJenMusic

Forum Jump: