Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Top 10 rock bands ever
#21
^ I'm guessing, but do you like Classic Rock by any chance ??

:biggrin:
"Writing about music is like dancing about architecture"

Unknown
Reply
#22
Pink Floyd
The Beatles
The Rolling Stones
Doors
The Who
Led Zeppelin
The Kinks
Deep Purple
Metallica
U2
Reply
#23
Metallica
Boston
Kansas
Alice in Chains
Audioslave
Led Zeppelin
Guns n' Roses
Queen
AC/DC
U2
Reply
#24
Beatles
Pink Floyd
Rolling Stones
Led Zeppelin
Bob Dylan and his Bands (had to get him in somehow...lol)
AC/DC
The Who
Kinks
Queen (reluctantly just to get to the number 10 - great live band not so sure about their studio albums)
Jethro Tull

I'm hard pressed to do this as I really don't like "best polls " unless the nominees are obvious. I think it's a personal choice and no one's list is better than the other ! I could have added or deleted a couple of the above but I'll go with this list today at this hour. The list could change again soon.

Can you tell that I prefer British groups ? One of my favs is FREE (Heartbreaker album) but I won't put them on the list. The Pauls-Rodgers and Kossoff were very good as vocalist and guitarist respectively !
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Reply
#25
^ Good to see Jethro Tull on your list, Steve.

Don't know if I'd have them in my top 10, but a great band nevertheless...
"Writing about music is like dancing about architecture"

Unknown
Reply
#26
Tiggi,

My list could change from day to day ! Glad you liked my choice. I'm going to listen to Songs from the Wood shortly. Great progressive folk rock !

SteveO
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Reply
#27
Horrifying. Lists of corporate gophers. Let me off at the next town, please.
Reply
#28
Mr Riff.

I appreciate that everyone's view of music is different, but I'm baffled as to why you seem hell bent on telling us all that what we like is rubbish...
"Writing about music is like dancing about architecture"

Unknown
Reply
#29
What's your list Rist ?????
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Reply
#30
My top 10:

Pink Floyd
Metallica
Led Zeppelin
Budgie
Yes
Black Sabbath
The Beatles
Marillion
The Doors
Jethro Tull
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NEW ALBUM: Lucinda Williams - Stories From A Rock N Roll Heart Music Head 0 919 17-07-2023, 11:38
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: RICK WAKEMAN & The English Rock Ensemble ~ A Gallery of the Imagination Ruby 9 3,316 26-03-2023, 13:42
Last Post: JeromeD
  NEW SONG: Donovan & David Gilmour - Rock Me Ruby 1 1,091 15-12-2022, 10:05
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Kid Rock - "bad attitude" CRAZY-HORSE 0 857 23-03-2022, 12:22
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEWSINGLE: Kid Rock - dont tell me how to live. CRAZY-HORSE 0 757 24-11-2021, 13:12
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: RICK WAKEMAN & THE ENGLISH ROCK ENSEMBLE ~ The Red Planet Ruby 2 1,350 30-08-2020, 13:10
Last Post: R_burke
  NEW SINGLE: Pretty Reckless "death by rock and roll" CRAZY-HORSE 1 1,245 02-07-2020, 03:18
Last Post: SteveO
  Nordic indie rock / pop Pianoman 0 822 21-05-2020, 08:19
Last Post: Pianoman
Video Just another rock song or an add for AA ? Dissily Mordentroge 0 1,052 27-10-2019, 23:48
Last Post: Dissily Mordentroge
  Fifty Years of Prog Rock by Fred de Vries Ruby 8 3,126 13-10-2019, 06:44
Last Post: Dissily Mordentroge

Forum Jump: