24-06-2011, 09:44
Just heard a track on the radio - something about 'the mess you made' by a group called 'Fleet Foxes'. Great harmonies and dare I say it - sounds a lot like Neil Young (the vocalist does anyway) - CH - any comments?
|
Fleet Foxes anyone?
|
|
24-06-2011, 09:44
Just heard a track on the radio - something about 'the mess you made' by a group called 'Fleet Foxes'. Great harmonies and dare I say it - sounds a lot like Neil Young (the vocalist does anyway) - CH - any comments?
24-06-2011, 10:08
Here's their site - http://www.fleetfoxes.com/
24-06-2011, 10:10
i have their debut self titled album and their "sun giant-ep" both of which i like. i havent heard the new album yet but my mate Corey who runs a cd shop says it is good.
i never thought of it, but now you mentioned it, yes there are similarities between the vocalist and some of NY's quieter moments when he was doing folky type material. i noticed you didnt mention Fleet Foxes 'harmonies' Jerome??? did the track you heard not have harmonies as that was the staple sound of their debut album, which i would compare to the quality of those performed by The Beach Boys. i can recommend their debut album if you should decide to get it, but as i said i cant comment on the new one.
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.
24-06-2011, 10:11
I DID mention harmonies!
24-06-2011, 10:16
my mistake..i was trying to watch the news and read at the same time
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.
24-06-2011, 10:18
Thou shalt not multi-task. It will be the ruination of your soul! Jokes aside - going to buy a couple of their discs. Like it a lot and it will be a great diversion from my normal prog rock/electronic stuff.
24-06-2011, 14:41
The harmonies on their debut reminded me strongly of CSNY. Haven't heard their recent release, but will do soon.
Good band.
"Writing about music is like dancing about architecture"
Unknown
24-06-2011, 22:16
Agree - and CSNY is a good comparison. I find their sound very refreshing amidst all the hype currently out there.
I rediscovered another group today. Is anyone familiar with Oceansize? I know you are ! Their last album from 2010 - Self Preserved While the Bodies Float Up is incredibly great to listen to. Again one of those bands that try to do different styles. The track - Oscar Acceptance Speech was the kicker ! I have never felt so relaxed for awhile when I listened to this beautifully crafted song ! It has a spacey atmosphere to it and the vocals are down tempo but unique and soothing. I had this album since last year and only listened to it "unconscienceously" .....if you get my drift. Any artists that you know of that have a down tempo low key style like this track ?
MH mentioned Christina Perrie and She & Him and they deliver a similar relaxed vibe ! I should have paid more attention to Oceansize a year ago ! Does anyone know what the members are up to these days, probably a bit early as they just split up this year. Another find was the Canadian folk rock group The Duhks, album Fast Paced World from 3 years ago. How did I miss these guys and a gal ? band that combines world, Canadian soul ??? what the h..l?? folk rock,etc,
The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
25-06-2011, 10:24
uh...............I never mentioned Goldfrapp
She & Him yes, but not Goldfrapp I don't like Goldfrapp I feel insulted. |
|
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
|