07-10-2008, 09:32
i hate spammers, what does everyone else think?
Syn
Syn
|
I hate spammers
|
|
07-10-2008, 09:32
i hate spammers, what does everyone else think?
Syn
07-10-2008, 15:46
Yes there attacks seem to be more frequent lately. Or are the mod's busier than usual with life outside MD and can't get to them as fast? The iPhone posts have been up for around 24 hours now, maybe more.
07-10-2008, 18:08
I don't like them much, they're a sodding nuisance !!
Does anyone know whether spam posts are individually typed by someone, or whether they are fired off to multiple destinations simultaneously ?? Or whether the time and effort that goes into spam posts is actually counterbalanced by a decent financial return for the poster. I can't imagine anyone with any sense would respond to something like the iPhone posts ?! Sorry it's taken a while to clear some of these. You're right Jon, it's outside life interfering with MD time. Down with spammers !!!
08-10-2008, 15:39
You are banning spammers after you delete their posts, right? That damn cosmos guy is back in a big way.
08-10-2008, 18:07
Yes Jon,
These posts have been made under three separate member names. I despair !!!
14-10-2008, 16:46
Personally forum spam as a form od advertiment just puts me off the band even more.
really puts me off
14-10-2008, 17:13
I can't stand them either Syn. Prob is, I am not sure what one can do about them. Aside from tracking them down and breaking their spamming little fingers. :
::o_O:
Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders & says ...
'Oh shit....she's awake!!' http://www.theportalmagazine.com http://www.myspace.com/theportalmagazine http://www.twitter.com/theportalmag http://www.myspace.com/sweetcjfan
22-10-2008, 18:06
Im just letting out my frstraition about the "queen" spammer.
I think he is a !"£$% "£$%"£$^£6 "!£$"!£$4^*^%*$% 3421$£$ and that he eats "%$£!%$£%$£!5 and drinks £$%£$"^ because he is so "!£$%^&%^&$*% that he cant find a real $£"%£^%$"^ so he uses a forum !"$£"!%"£% and then puts it !"£$%$£"%£"% and all because 3"$"!$"£$$. ahhh feel much better now
22-10-2008, 19:50
Sorry everybody about the recent spam. To try and tackle this a little more, shortly we will require all new members to 'Verify their address' before allowing them to start posting. Secondly the security code 'Needed when signing up' will be increased to maximum.
Hopefully these improvements will provide a halt or slow down spammers. In the coming months, a new version of the forum software will be applied, to which the manufacturers claim should almost eliminate spam. So watch this space!
With Regards...
Anthony :coffee:
22-10-2008, 22:07
Will there be a change in design as well? I prefer the vBulletin design like it was in the olden days...
|
|
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
|
| Possibly Related Threads... | |||||
| Thread | Author | Replies | Views | Last Post | |
| Spammers | Music Head | 1 | 1,051 |
17-02-2014, 03:16 Last Post: jazzboCR |
|
| Spammers BEWARE! | ambernector | 0 | 1,620 |
15-10-2008, 15:02 Last Post: ambernector |
|