Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Other Interests
#1
Aside from music-ing your lives away, what else floats your boat ??

I like tearing around the countryside on my mountain bike, and have more than a passing interest in motor sports (F1, WRC, and had a brief go at stock-car racing some time ago).

Also spend too much time PS3ing !!
Reply
#2
When I'm not teaching music I'm writing it or gigging lol, and if I'm not playing and have a free night I like to go watch live music. I also work part time in a restaurant, and occasionally do odd bits of work for a visual artists magazine.

But when I'm not 'music-ing,' as you put it, I'm usually walking the pooch, watching old films (Breakfast at Tiffany's is all time favourite), looking after my menagerie (1 dog, 3 cats, 1 budgie and a fiance lol), or cooking. I love to cook! I'm definitely a girly girl - Shopping, animals, shoes, chocolate and cooking all come high on the agenda! lol!:lol:

I'm poorly sick today tho, so I think heating up a tin of soup and making a cheese sandwich is about as far as my culinary talents are going to stretch this evenning Sick
Reply
#3
I almost as much into film as I am music. I watch about one movie a week in the theater and two more at home. I read lots of interviews, reviews and essays on film. I took two classes, The Movies of Hitchcock and German film, in college.

I also do a lot of photography. Both as my job and for fun. You can see some of it on my flickr page:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gonj/

Other that, I like trying new restaurants and cooking, reading non-ficition (I love to learn) and exploring nature on foot or by boat.
Reply
#4
i waste my time shooting things on computer screens, fairly good if i do say so myself.

i sketch all sorts of stuff, have designed a few tats for some mates. and yes they have had the inked. i read every now and again and do alot of thinking......
Reply
#5
Syn Wrote:i waste my time shooting things on computer screens, fairly good if i do say so myself.

i sketch all sorts of stuff, have designed a few tats for some mates. and yes they have had the inked. i read every now and again and do alot of thinking......

My mate has got me into this...I never thought I'd enjoy computer games but they're really good.
Reply
#6
I am into searching videos. Funny videos to be exact. Finishing my blog and searching for an online job.,
[URL="http://www.barbequegrillsale.com/"]
Grilled Spicy Chicken Sandwich
[/URL]
Reply
#7
Aside from music-ing???
Oh Tiggi .. honey .. is there anything else? :Wink:

Well, Ok lets see here.
I LOVE a good long power walk (ok, with iPod in hand of course). I enjoy going to the city and shopping, going out with my friends and doing things with my hubby. NOW, if I said most of those trips to the city also included concerts, does that fall into the "music-ing" category? :Wink:
Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders & says ...
'Oh shit....she's awake!!'

http://www.theportalmagazine.com
http://www.myspace.com/theportalmagazine
http://www.twitter.com/theportalmag
http://www.myspace.com/sweetcjfan
Reply
#8
Hm. I like wandering. Mostly along the riverbanks or downtown like all the other degenerates. On foot or on bike, I don't drive and probably never will. I don't own any portable music playing contraptions, so that is usually music-less, though sometime includes taking in shows downtown. I like to see movies at night by myself. I like being sneaky and winding my way through alleys and parks. I like hiding things around town and coming back to find them later. I guess I'm a pretty odd kid.
Probably my very favorite things that don't necessarily include music (but usually do) are travelling and psychedelic drugs.
Reply
#9
chess mess Wrote:Probably my very favorite things that don't necessarily include music (but usually do) are.. psychedelic drugs.

And suddenly the rest of the post makes sense! Although I quite like your idea of hiding stuff.

Non music related? - read, taxi my kids around, visit friends, see how much further back I can get with my family history,bake (I make a mean chocolate eclair!). Just try and get some time alone!

Hoping to become a mad old woman who lives with her cats (it's progressing nicely - except I don't have any cats yet)
Reply
#10
How far back have you managed to trace your family, Catrina ??

I've dabbled with this since the advent of the interweb, but can't get motivated enough to start obtaining birth/death certificates.

PS, what's the story with your new avatar ? is it a local mural ? Can't make out if it's one of the paramilitary ones, or one of the recent over-paintings.
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apart From Music What Other Interests /Hobbies/ Things Do We All Do ? gryphon 30 12,150 15-10-2018, 05:14
Last Post: sjpolyguy
  Looking for musicians with alike interests Electric Velocity 2 1,519 14-05-2014, 13:27
Last Post: Jerome

Forum Jump: