Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kaiser Chiefs News
from nme

[Image: 84_nickhodgson_sexy.JPG]

Kaiser Chiefs drummer Nick Hodgson has started his own record label.

Named Chewing Gum, the label's first signing are Hull band The Neat. According to Hodgson's Kaiser Chiefs bandmates Peanut and Simon Rix, the drummer is writing material for The Neat as well as producing them.

As well as revealing Hodgson's new venture, Peanut told the Daily Star that Kaiser Chiefs, currently on a band break, have vague plans to start work on new material later this year.

"We're all doing our own thing for a while but will reconvene Kaiser Chiefs probably at the end of the summer," he said.

Hodgson is understood to be looking for other new acts to sign to Chewing Gum, which he has set up with his girlfriend. Kaiser Chiefs singer (and former art teacher) Ricky Wilson is also on board, and is designing a logo for the label.

Good to hear they are working on new stuff - Off With Their Heads had some excellent tracks. Too bad they've not broken big in North America.
Hey guys,

There don't seem to be many Kaiser Chiefs fans here? Have you heard what they have done with their latest album The Future is Medieval? It started as a download only album where fans can choose 10 out of 23 of their favourite albums and compile their own tracklist for their own albums, which proved to be an innovative and successful idea. The group have now also released an 'official' version of the album made up of their favourite tracks which is available to buy. I've got some reviews of this album on my website but it would be great if I could get some comments from some real fans, if there are any still left on here? http://artswrap.co.uk/event/reviews-tick...ser-chiefs

Thanks Confusedmile:
Lyndsay
I really like the Kaiser Chiefs, look forward to new material.
They're playing our local 1200 capacity venue next year. Sold out on the day the tickets went on sale, so we won't be going....

Booooo.
"Writing about music is like dancing about architecture"

Unknown
Tiggi Wrote:They're playing our local 1200 capacity venue next year. Sold out on the day the tickets went on sale, so we won't be going....

Booooo.
That is a shame. I missed them too. They were opening for Greenday and I hesitated because I wasn't sure I wanted to shell out for Greenday tickets and then it was too late to get a ticket......

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NEW SINGLE: The National - "tropic morning news" CRAZY-HORSE 0 529 20-01-2023, 23:07
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW SINGLE: Mac Miller - Good News Music Head 1 670 25-01-2020, 12:48
  NEW ALBUM: Kaiser Chiefs "duck" CRAZY-HORSE 1 691 18-01-2020, 13:37
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW SINGLE: Kaiser Chiefs "record collection" CRAZY-HORSE 0 535 23-05-2019, 20:33
  Tori Amos News Music Head 2 1,293 13-01-2017, 18:20
Last Post: Jerome
  Sinead O'Connor News Music Head 3 1,492 05-01-2017, 19:38
Last Post: Oceansoul
  Kaiser Chiefs "stay together" CRAZY-HORSE 0 736 07-10-2016, 22:57
  KAISER CHIEFS "coming home" CRAZY-HORSE 3 1,286 10-04-2014, 22:08
Last Post: SteveO
  Keiser chiefs Mrrusty1 5 1,799 04-10-2012, 15:51
Last Post: TraceNspace
  Kaiser Chiefs - Start The Revolution Without Me Music Head 3 1,104 07-03-2012, 16:37
Last Post: SteveO