Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Arctic Monkeys - Suck it and See
#1
[video=youtube;YxNSjppLWeQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxNSjppLWeQ&feature=player_embedded#![/video]

I like this track. I am however hoping that the entire album, Suck it and See to be released in October, has more energy that this single does. I would like to see them get back to their debut album Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not. I suppose it's not likely though and I may have to learn to love the more toned down Arctic Monkeys
"I said, I found the secret to life, I found the secret to life
I'm okay when everything is not okay, is not okay"

~Tori Amos, Upside Down
Reply
#2
their debut album was brilliant, then they went down hill fast....cant believe its taken so long to be released over there, feels like its been out for months here....and i heard it but didnt like it
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply
#3
THE NATIONAL - HIGH VIOLET


[Image: 619b7sAN26L._SL500_AA300_.jpg]

THE NATIONAL - HIGH VIOLET (2010)

Matt Berninger is the highlight of this group, singing in a baritone folk rock indie voice and writing all of this incredible band's songs. His vocals are somewhat reminiscent of a toned down version of the late Peter Steele , leader of the goth metal American band Type O Negative.

This is their fifth studio album for the indie band from Cincinnati, Ohio now based in Brooklyn, N.Y. The album was recorded in Brooklyn in their own studio. I find that all of the songs are very good and the tracks evoke a down tempo sound that I haven't heard before. I love this album ! I will be researching their back catalogue for sure !

Personnel:

Matt Berninger - vocals, song lyrcist

Tim Albright – trombone
Hideaki Aomori – clarinet, bass clarinet
Michael Atkinson – French horn
Thomas Bartlett – piano, keyboards
Mads Christian Brauer – electronics and filtering
CJ Camereri – trumpet, cornet
Greg Chudzik – double bass
Rachael Elliott – bassoon
Alex Hamlin – baritone saxophone
Marla Hansen – vocals
Maria Jeffers – cello
Bridget Kibbey – harp
Thom Kozumplik – percussion
Benjamin Lanz – trombone
Rob Moose – violin
Nico Muhly – celeste
Dave Nelson – trombone
Padma Newsome – violin, viola
Richard Reed Parry – double bass, electric guitar, piano, vocals, backing vocal arrangements (on "Conversation 16")
Kyle Resnick – trumpet
Nadia Sirota – viola
Alex Sopp – flute, bass flute
Laurel Sprengelmeyer – vocals
Sufjan Stevens – harmonium, vocals, backing vocal arrangements (on "Afraid of Everyone")
Jeremy Thai – French horn
Justin Vernon – vocals

MY RATING - 5/5

 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Reply
#4
SteveO Wrote:THE NATIONAL - HIGH VIOLET[Image: 619b7sAN26L._SL500_AA300_.jpg]THE NATIONAL - HIGH VIOLET (2010)Matt Berninger is the highlight of this group, singing in a baritone folk rock indie voice and writing all of this incredible band's songs. His vocals are somewhat reminiscent of a toned down version of the late Peter Steele , leader of the goth metal American band Type O Negative.This is their fifth studio album for the indie band from Cincinnati, Ohio now based in Brooklyn, N.Y. The album was recorded in Brooklyn in their own studio. I find that all of the songs are very good and the tracks evoke a down tempo sound that I haven't heard before. I love this album ! I will be researching their back catalogue for sure !Personnel:Matt Berninger - vocals, song lyrcistTim Albright – tromboneHideaki Aomori – clarinet, bass clarinetMichael Atkinson – French hornThomas Bartlett – piano, keyboardsMads Christian Brauer – electronics and filteringCJ Camereri – trumpet, cornetGreg Chudzik – double bassRachael Elliott – bassoonAlex Hamlin – baritone saxophoneMarla Hansen – vocalsMaria Jeffers – celloBridget Kibbey – harpThom Kozumplik – percussionBenjamin Lanz – tromboneRob Moose – violinNico Muhly – celesteDave Nelson – trombonePadma Newsome – violin, violaRichard Reed Parry – double bass, electric guitar, piano, vocals, backing vocal arrangements (on "Conversation 16")Kyle Resnick – trumpetNadia Sirota – violaAlex Sopp – flute, bass fluteLaurel Sprengelmeyer – vocalsSufjan Stevens – harmonium, vocals, backing vocal arrangements (on "Afraid of Everyone")Jeremy Thai – French hornJustin Vernon – vocalsMY RATING - 5/5
This one sounds unusual/interesting - must check it out.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Reply
#5
yes you should Jerome, both MH and myself love this one
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply
#6
SteveO Wrote:THE NATIONAL - HIGH VIOLET


[Image: 619b7sAN26L._SL500_AA300_.jpg]

THE NATIONAL - HIGH VIOLET (2010)

Matt Berninger is the highlight of this group, singing in a baritone folk rock indie voice and writing all of this incredible band's songs. His vocals are somewhat reminiscent of a toned down version of the late Peter Steele , leader of the goth metal American band Type O Negative.

This is their fifth studio album for the indie band from Cincinnati, Ohio now based in Brooklyn, N.Y. The album was recorded in Brooklyn in their own studio. I find that all of the songs are very good and the tracks evoke a down tempo sound that I haven't heard before. I love this album ! I will be researching their back catalogue for sure !

Personnel:

Matt Berninger - vocals, song lyrcist

Tim Albright – trombone
Hideaki Aomori – clarinet, bass clarinet
Michael Atkinson – French horn
Thomas Bartlett – piano, keyboards
Mads Christian Brauer – electronics and filtering
CJ Camereri – trumpet, cornet
Greg Chudzik – double bass
Rachael Elliott – bassoon
Alex Hamlin – baritone saxophone
Marla Hansen – vocals
Maria Jeffers – cello
Bridget Kibbey – harp
Thom Kozumplik – percussion
Benjamin Lanz – trombone
Rob Moose – violin
Nico Muhly – celeste
Dave Nelson – trombone
Padma Newsome – violin, viola
Richard Reed Parry – double bass, electric guitar, piano, vocals, backing vocal arrangements (on "Conversation 16")
Kyle Resnick – trumpet
Nadia Sirota – viola
Alex Sopp – flute, bass flute
Laurel Sprengelmeyer – vocals
Sufjan Stevens – harmonium, vocals, backing vocal arrangements (on "Afraid of Everyone")
Jeremy Thai – French horn
Justin Vernon – vocals

MY RATING - 5/5

Thanks for the recommendation, listening to it now and enjoying it.
"I said, I found the secret to life, I found the secret to life
I'm okay when everything is not okay, is not okay"

~Tori Amos, Upside Down
Reply
#7
SteveO Wrote:THE NATIONAL - HIGH VIOLET

I have their 2005 album Alligator, and think you'll like that one, Steve.
"Writing about music is like dancing about architecture"

Unknown
Reply
#8
i only have High Violet also..bloody great album IMO, pretty sure MH said he liked it also when discussing music with him
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply
#9
not sure why The National is in this Arctic Monkeys thread but

yes, The National was in my top 10 list for 2010

Reply
#10
Music Head Wrote:not sure why The National is in this Arctic Monkeys thread but

yes, The National was in my top 10 list for 2010

isnt it obvious MH?....

without you here to guide the ship for the last couple of months....!
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NEW ALBUM: Arctic Monkeys - The Car Music Head 1 709 03-11-2022, 11:46
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Boy & Bear "suck on light" CRAZY-HORSE 3 2,122 13-10-2019, 06:34
Last Post: Dissily Mordentroge
  NEW ALBUM: Arctic Monkeys "tranquility Base Hotel & Casino CRAZY-HORSE 3 3,021 27-05-2018, 11:46
Last Post: Music Head
  Arctic Monkeys - Do I Wanna Know? Music Head 1 1,919 19-12-2013, 11:13
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  ARCTIC MONKEYS "do i wanna know" CRAZY-HORSE 1 1,330 28-06-2013, 12:25
Last Post: Music Head
  Arctic Monkeys TraceNspace 2 1,870 19-04-2011, 19:20
Last Post: CMB1888
  Arctic Monkeys News Music Head 0 1,286 08-09-2009, 01:31
Last Post: Music Head

Forum Jump: