Posts: 9,643
Threads: 255
Joined: Jun 2010
22-09-2011, 14:36
(This post was last modified: 22-09-2011, 14:42 by Jerome.)
Lemmy is God allright - God-damn awful. You can't just stand in front of a stack of Marshall amps, pose in typical 70's rock fashion, and 'play' your bass like you were grating cheese. Does he even know how to play the bass? Or how it works - he should go for lessons. Lemmy is a lemon.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Posts: 35,590
Threads: 3,572
Joined: Jul 2010
Jerome Wrote:Lemmy is God allright - God-damn awful. You can't just stand in front of a stack of Marshall amps, pose in typical 70's rock fashion, and 'play' your bass like you were grating cheese. Does he even know how to play the bass? Or how it works - he should go for lessons. Lemmy is a lemon.
LOL! couldnt have said it better myself
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.
Posts: 285
Threads: 31
Joined: Aug 2011
Now I did not say Lemmy was Les Claypool, or Chris Squire, or Jack Bruce, or John Myung... I said he was God. Eeesh! There IS a difference you know!
You can live in staunch denile and mark me as your enemy, but I'm just a voice among the throng who want a brighter destiny, and say with me, "We are the New America!" -Greg Graffin
Posts: 13,354
Threads: 236
Joined: May 2011
Motorhead are one hell of a Kickass band !!!! Lemmy's voice is original and their live concerts rock !!!!
I don't like Pearl Jam because of Eddie Veder's pretentious voice and same for Metallica and Nickelback !!!
A lot of grunge or whatever bands tried to copy Kurt Cobains voice and it didn't work !!!!
If I don't like the vocals I can't listen to the band...makes sense.
It's a shame really because Pearl Jam and Metallica are great bands instrumentally !!!!!
As for Pearl Jam I listen to Stone Gossard's solo albums...Bayleaf for one is very good !
The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Posts: 9,643
Threads: 255
Joined: Jun 2010
It's just good banter. Don't let it get to you. But really Motorhead is just plain awful. I have nothing against loud rock music - have quite a lot of it actually - but every MH track sounds the same as the previous one.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Posts: 35,590
Threads: 3,572
Joined: Jul 2010
i think you hit the nail on the head SteveO over Vedder's "pretentious" vocals....
ive been trying for years to pinpoint as to why i dont really like PJ when they seem to be profficient rock muso's and knew it wasnt that, just couldnt put my finger on it till now...
thanks SteveO
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.
Posts: 13,354
Threads: 236
Joined: May 2011
I know, J ! It's all everybody's opinion and good fun...lol
Jerome Wrote:It's just good banter. Don't let it get to you. But really Motorhead is just plain awful. I have nothing against loud rock music - have quite a lot of it actually - but every MH track sounds the same as the previous one.
The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Posts: 564
Threads: 38
Joined: Jul 2011
Lemmy is Celine Dion compared to Iggy
Posts: 285
Threads: 31
Joined: Aug 2011
23-09-2011, 03:48
(This post was last modified: 23-09-2011, 03:49 by gater.)
Now who said anything about Ohio native son Iggy? But now that you mention it, I think it is great that a reference to a line in the Brandon Fraser movie "Airheads" stirs such response. Besides, in the Rock and Roll Pantheon, there is room for many gods... wow, that sounded damned impressive!
You can live in staunch denile and mark me as your enemy, but I'm just a voice among the throng who want a brighter destiny, and say with me, "We are the New America!" -Greg Graffin
Posts: 13,354
Threads: 236
Joined: May 2011
Celine Rules !!!!!!!!!!!!!
mtthwibrahim Wrote:Lemmy is Celine Dion compared to Iggy
The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!