Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Are You Listening To?
Tangerine Dream - Mota Atma - one of their better efforts to date.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
I know he's won a small clutch of Grammys for his production work with U2.

On the subject of Eno, I have to get another plug in for his 1981 album with David Byrne; My Life in The Bush of Ghosts.

Brilliantly original.
"Writing about music is like dancing about architecture"

Unknown
Tiggi Wrote:I know he's won a small clutch of Grammys for his production work with U2.On the subject of Eno, I have to get another plug in for his 1981 album with David Byrne; My Life in The Bush of Ghosts.Brilliantly original.
Tiggi, you probably know this already but have you heard 'Music for Films' & 'Apollo' by any chance?
I haven't heard Music For Films, J.

I know Apollo very well. Bought it on the day I did my first and only parachute jump, back in 1983.

Remember like it was yesterday listening to it in the car on the way to the airport. Seemed slightly apt...

My choice of song during the the jump was Sit on my Face, by the Monty Python team, from the Contractual Obligation album. Sung with gusto, at the top of my voice.

Sit on my Face, & Apollo are therefore inextricably linked in my mind...

Unknown
Many regard Music for Films as his most influential work. Try it if you get the chance.
Will do. I'll slot into my next batch of albums for evaluation.

Unknown
Tiggi Wrote:Will do. I'll slot into my next batch of albums for evaluation.

Check the 'What are you reading' thread as well under the 'Chit Chat' thingymajig. Something there that might interest you.
Tiggi Wrote:I haven't heard Music For Films, J.

I know Apollo very well. Bought it on the day I did my first and only parachute jump, back in 1983.

Remember like it was yesterday listening to it in the car on the way to the airport. Seemed slightly apt...

My choice of song during the the jump was Sit on my Face, by the Monty Python team, from the Contractual Obligation album. Sung with gusto, at the top of my voice.

Sit on my Face, & Apollo are therefore inextricably linked in my mind...

Now listen my son - we have spoken about this before - you don't have to actually act out the music. You just have to listen. If the album says 'Apollo' it does not mean you have to jump out of a plane and try to be a bloody astronaut! For the love of God can't you just behave like a normal child for once!
^ Send me the suit, and I can do a good job of Laurie Anderson's O Superman...

Just this once...

Unknown
[Image: 51%2BS2DuEecL._SL500_AA300_.jpg]

i-Pod listening in the garden this PM.

Their sixth, from 2005.

Morcheeba's polite brand of Trip-Hop is all but gone on this album, and it could have gone on the Alternative board, but...

Smart, upful songs delivered with considerable taste. Won't set the earth on fire, but works well with sunny weather !!

AllMusic 3/5 stars.

Unknown

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What im listening to at the moment PsychoPrincess81 1 467 26-10-2021, 17:26
Last Post: JeromeD