Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Are You Listening To?
ONE of many of my favorite albums ......

ARCADE FIRE - THE SUBURBS
[Image: 220px-Arcade_Fire_-_The_Suburbs.png]

The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
SteveO Wrote:They were absolutely like nothing else in music at the time !!!! ...somewhat I'm sure like Nirvana !!!!

(and I hope you don't think I said that you said that The Beatles sucked !!!!????...lol,,) ...I was just sounding off...I had a bad experience in another music discussion group,,,Amazon to be precise...and the guys on there think they are music geniuses ....if you don't agree with them - look out...you better have a thick skin !!!! One guy thought The Kinks were it...I mean it...the be all to end all of music !!!! I respect everyone's opinion ,,,but that's not an opinion that just plain ludicrous and stupidly silly !!!!

I agree that the Kinks were a great band...very very underrated !!! IMHO...better thabn or the best ..as compared to what ??? I hate those words ' best and better' when talking about music or the arts in general !!!! I prefer the words " my favorite".

I actually think that all he listened to was The Kinks...what a shame....poor soul..missing out on a calvacade of musical adventures like all of us here at MD enjoy !!!! Personally I'd go nuts in no time if I listened to only one group all the time !!!!

Oh by the way, another guy said that the Texan sixties band - Doug Sahm's Sir Douglas Quintet (hit singles ..She's About a Mover and Mendocino...I recall) were better than the Beatles....now that's an interesting twist !!!

Sorry for using you as a sounding board Trace, it's a slow night on MD, so thought I'd rant a bit like we all do from time to time on this fantastic music discussion site !!!!

Not at all SteveO Confusedmile:
"I said, I found the secret to life, I found the secret to life
I'm okay when everything is not okay, is not okay"

~Tori Amos, Upside Down
[ATTACH=CONFIG]1105[/ATTACH]

This just came out today. I'm listening to it on Spotify probably for the last time. It's not doing anything for me and I like Matthew Sweet. This just sounds so uninspired I guess.......

~Tori Amos, Upside Down
Just listened to 25 Years by Sting. 45 tracks is a little to many but a good listen if you like Sting.[ATTACH=CONFIG]1107[/ATTACH]
"God created man, Sam Colt made them equal."
bjgeiger Wrote:Just listened to 25 Years by Sting. 45 tracks is a little to many but a good listen if you like Sting.[ATTACH=CONFIG]1107[/ATTACH]

love Sting's earlier solo material...say the 80s and up to the mid 90s, just found him to be too pretentious and precious after that.
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

bjgeiger Wrote:Just listened to 25 Years by Sting. 45 tracks is a little to many but a good listen if you like Sting.[ATTACH=CONFIG]1107[/ATTACH]
Love the Police, don't love Sting. He rubs me the wrong way and I just plain don't like his solo stuff.

~Tori Amos, Upside Down
I bought his first three solo albums, and think they're very good. He's written some damn fine songs, but I totally agree about his personality.
"Writing about music is like dancing about architecture"

Unknown
[Image: 31GXMANA2NL._SL500_AA300_.jpg]

On the laptop.

Ex-Bauhaus members' third (?) album, from 1987.

This albums' predecessor - Express - is a great Alt-Rock album. This one's no bad thing either, although it's more Psychedelic, but the Glamminess is still present and correct.

Decent songs, well played and sung, and the guitars sound very groovy. The Buy List beckons...

AllMusic 4+/5 stars.
"Writing about music is like dancing about architecture"

Unknown
I heard Labyrinth is good by him ?
TraceNspace Wrote:Love the Police, don't love Sting. He rubs me the wrong way and I just plain don't like his solo stuff.
Not much of a Sting or Police fan I'm afraid !

CRAZY-HORSE Wrote:love Sting's earlier solo material...say the 80s and up to the mid 90s, just found him to be too pretentious and precious after that.