Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
New member
#1
Hey folks,

I’m new to the forum. I’ve been music obsessed from the cradle. My father introduced me to music through his classical music collection. When I was 10 years old and a friend played me the Beatles version of Twist and Shout, I had the epiphany and became rock obsessed (this was about 11 years after the song’s release).

I have a passion for bands with strong harmony vocals so Fleet Foxes, Teenage Fanclub, The Zombies, The Beach Boys, and The Beatles figure prominently in my listening. I’m from Australia, and a great local band that had killer harmonies was called The Ice Cream Hands. I love the work of Richard Thompson, Loudon Wainwright, Gillian Welch, Wilco, Weddings Parties Anything, John Hiatt, Pentangle, Ben Folds, Los Lobos….and a heap of other artists.

I’d look forward to taking part in any music discussions going on the board.

Cheers,
Maurice.
Reply
#2
hi maurice and welcome to MD...where a bouts in Austrlia are you from?
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply
#3
Welcome to MD looking forward to hearing more about your musical interests
Nice to be able to go back to trust and friendship!!!!!!!!!

It's a mixed up sensation this being alive
Oh! it wears a man down into the ground
It's the strangest elation
I can't describe it
Oh it leaves a man weary
It makes a man frown.
.............................Chris Simpson ( "Mixed Up Sensations" 1975 Martin's Cafe )
Reply
#4
welcome to the machine Maurice
like your artist list

Reply
#5
Welcome to MD!
"I said, I found the secret to life, I found the secret to life
I'm okay when everything is not okay, is not okay"

~Tori Amos, Upside Down
Reply
#6
Hi Maurice, & welcome to MD.

Hope you enjoy the site.
"Writing about music is like dancing about architecture"

Unknown
Reply
#7
Welcome aboard MD, Maurice ! I think you've come to the right place ! I like your music picks !!!
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Reply
#8
Thanks for the kind welcome people.

Crazy Horse, I'm in Melbourne - the opposite side of the country to you.

What's the Perth music scene like?
Reply
#9
Welcome to the site
Regards,

Tony (Techman)
Stay connected Through Facebook - Like 'The Official Music Discussion Page'
Reply
#10
Fleet Foxes are awesome - welcome.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  new member looking for in-depth discussions on metal and/or rap. QMobs 9 7,100 26-05-2018, 03:27
Last Post: QMobs
  New member from Japan KIITA 6 3,753 29-04-2018, 22:34
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  New Member Terminal Fear - UK 8 3,627 27-12-2016, 11:33
Last Post: Jerome
  Another new member stumbling in here... music in a bottle 14 6,197 11-04-2016, 09:12
Last Post: Dieu Nga
  New member presenting Nomad 4 2,292 30-01-2016, 22:51
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Hey New Member and Music Blogger Here lady layne 8 3,370 09-11-2015, 15:44
Last Post: lady layne
  New Member RMGUITARIST 1 1,476 21-08-2015, 09:55
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  An Introduction to new member manhattanpianist 1 1,902 03-05-2015, 17:18
Last Post: Jerome
  New member / producer Signal Hill Productions 4 2,323 09-12-2014, 02:26
Last Post: Signal Hill Productions
  New member looking to share weird music styles! Levisaxos 7 3,531 20-10-2014, 14:07
Last Post: SteveO

Forum Jump: