Posts: 13,354
Threads: 236
Joined: May 2011
22-06-2011, 23:24
(This post was last modified: 24-06-2011, 01:37 by SteveO.)
It absolutely counts !!!! I love live albums..some groups just don't do anything for me in the studio but with the crowd cheering and singingalong to the band it's the next best thing to being there ! U2 and The Arcade Fire are here in the region end of July.
My first album was in 1969, Ten Years After - Ssssh!
The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Posts: 9,643
Threads: 255
Joined: Jun 2010
Wasn't my first, but one that really made me sit up and notice was Bad Company - Bad Company.
Posts: 35,590
Threads: 3,572
Joined: Jul 2010
Elvis Presley "easy come,easy go" followed by "elvis' 40 greatest hits"
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.
Posts: 368
Threads: 6
Joined: Nov 2010
Pretty sure it was The Doors, lots of 45s before then, but this was the first album
Posts: 41
Threads: 4
Joined: Oct 2011
Oasis Whats the story Morning Glory
Posts: 13,354
Threads: 236
Joined: May 2011
I can't recall if I welcomed you to MD or not Simon ???? So welcome aboard MD, Simon !!!!
The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Posts: 1,387
Threads: 58
Joined: Jul 2010
I think it was Bruce, Born in the U.S.A.
I had so many 45's before that though. I think I was 7.
"I said, I found the secret to life, I found the secret to life
I'm okay when everything is not okay, is not okay"
~Tori Amos, Upside Down
Posts: 2,223
Threads: 359
Joined: Oct 2009
Alice Cooper................Billion Dollar Babies
Nice to be able to go back to trust and friendship!!!!!!!!!
It's a mixed up sensation this being alive
Oh! it wears a man down into the ground
It's the strangest elation
I can't describe it
Oh it leaves a man weary
It makes a man frown..............................Chris Simpson ( "Mixed Up Sensations" 1975 Martin's Cafe )
Posts: 13,354
Threads: 236
Joined: May 2011
Gryph,
Sort of a sidebar here, thanks for the excellent review of Alice's latest -
Welcome 2 My Nightmare !!!!...can't get enough of the album at the moment !!!
gryphon Wrote:Alice Cooper................Billion Dollar Babies
The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Posts: 11
Threads: 0
Joined: Oct 2011