Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Your First Rock Album
#21
It absolutely counts !!!! I love live albums..some groups just don't do anything for me in the studio but with the crowd cheering and singingalong to the band it's the next best thing to being there ! U2 and The Arcade Fire are here in the region end of July.

My first album was in 1969, Ten Years After - Ssssh!
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Reply
#22
Wasn't my first, but one that really made me sit up and notice was Bad Company - Bad Company.
Reply
#23
Elvis Presley "easy come,easy go" followed by "elvis' 40 greatest hits"
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply
#24
Pretty sure it was The Doors, lots of 45s before then, but this was the first album
Reply
#25
Oasis Whats the story Morning Glory
Reply
#26
I can't recall if I welcomed you to MD or not Simon ???? So welcome aboard MD, Simon !!!!
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Reply
#27
I think it was Bruce, Born in the U.S.A.

I had so many 45's before that though. I think I was 7.
"I said, I found the secret to life, I found the secret to life
I'm okay when everything is not okay, is not okay"

~Tori Amos, Upside Down
Reply
#28
Alice Cooper................Billion Dollar Babies
Nice to be able to go back to trust and friendship!!!!!!!!!

It's a mixed up sensation this being alive
Oh! it wears a man down into the ground
It's the strangest elation
I can't describe it
Oh it leaves a man weary
It makes a man frown.
.............................Chris Simpson ( "Mixed Up Sensations" 1975 Martin's Cafe )
Reply
#29
Gryph,

Sort of a sidebar here, thanks for the excellent review of Alice's latest - Welcome 2 My Nightmare !!!!...can't get enough of the album at the moment !!!


gryphon Wrote:Alice Cooper................Billion Dollar Babies
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Reply
#30
Use your illusion I
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NEW ALBUM: Roger Taylor - "violence insane in a beautiful world" CRAZY-HORSE 1 200 19-09-2026, 00:39
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Keb' Mo' - "the breakdown" CRAZY-HORSE 0 209 29-08-2026, 01:52
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Role Model - Chuck Timely & The Hourglass Music Head 0 208 22-08-2026, 11:27
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Jack White - "frozen charlotte" CRAZY-HORSE 1 448 25-07-2026, 11:43
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Rolling Stones - "foreign tongues" CRAZY-HORSE 5 869 23-07-2026, 12:09
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Pretty Reckless - Dear God Music Head 0 245 14-07-2026, 12:20
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Red Clay Strays - Grateful Music Head 2 538 13-07-2026, 08:50
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Green Desert Trees - "fighting dragons" CRAZY-HORSE 0 366 09-07-2026, 04:08
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Angine De Poitrine - "volume 2" CRAZY-HORSE 0 402 20-06-2026, 01:01
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Shinedown - EI8HT Music Head 1 615 12-06-2026, 11:53
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE

Forum Jump: