Posts: 1,387
Threads: 58
Joined: Jul 2010
All good suggestions, just have to keep it kid friendly

Today is the day! Happy Halloween folks.
"I said, I found the secret to life, I found the secret to life
I'm okay when everything is not okay, is not okay"
~Tori Amos, Upside Down
Posts: 13,354
Threads: 236
Joined: May 2011
31-10-2011, 09:54
(This post was last modified: 31-10-2011, 10:09 by SteveO.)
HAPPY HALLOWEEN to you and your kiddies also Trace !
I have three grankids who will be partaking and they will come over sometime tonight to try to scare me !...lol :eek::evil::party:
I listened to a talk radio show yesterday and apparently they have Halloween every year now on Saturday night ! It's easier on the kids because they don't have to go to school the next day with candy hangovers !...lol. I think it was in Akron, Ohio ? in Ohio somewhere anyway. They were interviewing a dentist no less and she said that the kids can bring in their extra treats to her for money and then they send the treats to oversea military personnel ! I didn't catch how much money they give the kids for their sweet donations.
In Canada we celebrate Halloween on the day it falls however there is always a vigorous debate over changing the day when it happens to falls on a Sunday...we never have changed the day !
TraceNspace Wrote:All good suggestions, just have to keep it kid friendly
Today is the day! Happy Halloween folks.
The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Posts: 1,387
Threads: 58
Joined: Jul 2010
I saw something about a politician somewhere petitioning to change it to the last Saturday of October every year all over the U.S. I don't like it. I know it's a bit of a disruption but that's part of the fun. Once a year the kids get out of their routine and dress up and eat candy and drive everyone nuts! I know it would still be fun, I guess I just don't like change. I'm still irritated that they moved daylight savings time. It's supposed to happen before Halloween so it gets dark early. Instead it will be changing next weekend.
"I said, I found the secret to life, I found the secret to life
I'm okay when everything is not okay, is not okay"
~Tori Amos, Upside Down
Posts: 13,354
Threads: 236
Joined: May 2011
Ya, November 6th , why so late this year ?
TraceNspace Wrote:I saw something about a politician somewhere petitioning to change it to the last Saturday of October every year all over the U.S. I don't like it. I know it's a bit of a disruption but that's part of the fun. Once a year the kids get out of their routine and dress up and eat candy and drive everyone nuts! I know it would still be fun, I guess I just don't like change. I'm still irritated that they moved daylight savings time. It's supposed to happen before Halloween so it gets dark early. Instead it will be changing next weekend.
The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Posts: 1,387
Threads: 58
Joined: Jul 2010
It's supposed to reduce energy use or something. If I figure it out, I'll explain it better. lol
"I said, I found the secret to life, I found the secret to life
I'm okay when everything is not okay, is not okay"
~Tori Amos, Upside Down
Posts: 13,354
Threads: 236
Joined: May 2011
You would think that they would want to start reducing energy a week earlier !!!????...lol
TraceNspace Wrote:It's supposed to reduce energy use or something. If I figure it out, I'll explain it better. lol
The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Posts: 9,643
Threads: 255
Joined: Jun 2010
TraceNspace Wrote:I saw something about a politician somewhere petitioning to change it to the last Saturday of October every year all over the U.S. I don't like it. I know it's a bit of a disruption but that's part of the fun. Once a year the kids get out of their routine and dress up and eat candy and drive everyone nuts! I know it would still be fun, I guess I just don't like change. I'm still irritated that they moved daylight savings time. It's supposed to happen before Halloween so it gets dark early. Instead it will be changing next weekend.
Daylight saving is a complete waste of time. It gets light sooner but it gets dark just as soon - savings = zero! Back in SA you just adapt. None of this changing clocks and crap. You can't fool Mother Nature.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Posts: 41
Threads: 4
Joined: Oct 2011
made a blog post about a good halloween soundtrack, check it out
http://blog.tastebuds.fm/he-with-the-clo...your-soul/
Posts: 13,354
Threads: 236
Joined: May 2011
Right on the mark, Jerome !!!!!
Jerome Wrote:Daylight saving is a complete waste of time. It gets light sooner but it gets dark just as soon - savings = zero! Back in SA you just adapt. None of this changing clocks and crap. You can't fool Mother Nature.
The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Posts: 29,761
Threads: 8,840
Joined: Aug 2009
serves one of its purposes in that young kids don't have to stand out in the dark to wait for a school bus