Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Lou Reed recieves 'threats' over Metalica collaboration!
#1

MUSIC NEWS![h=2]Lou Reed receives death threats over Loutallica album[/h]
|
Share|
[Image: Lou-Reed-receives-death-threats-over-Loutallica-al.aspx]Lou Reed has received a barrage of "threatening" letters from Metallica fans angry over his collaboration with the rockers.

The veteran musician teamed up with the group to record new album Lulu, but Reed tells USA Today many of the band's devotees are unhappy about the record and have sent him reams of unpleasant messages.

"(They) are threatening to shoot me, and that's only because I showed up. They haven't even heard the record yet, and they're recommending various forms of torture and death," he says.

However, the 'Perfect Day' singer is not letting the threats upset him.

"I don't have any fans left. After (1975 album) Metal Machine Music, they all fled. Who cares? I'm essentially in this for the fun of it."

Metallica star Lars Ulrich has also shrugged off the negative response from fans, insisting they are used to criticism over the band's choices.

"In 1984, when hard-core Metallica fans heard acoustic guitars on 'Fade to Black', there was a nuclear meltdown in the heavy-metal community. There have been many more since then," he says.

"This (album) is something they've never heard. Nobody hears rhythms or delivers poetry the way Lou does. It's not for everyone, but I think it's a fantastic record."

WENN
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply
#2
Very anxious out of curiosity to hear this one !
CRAZY-HORSE Wrote:

MUSIC NEWS!Lou Reed receives death threats over Loutallica album


|
Share|
[Image: Lou-Reed-receives-death-threats-over-Loutallica-al.aspx]Lou Reed has received a barrage of "threatening" letters from Metallica fans angry over his collaboration with the rockers.

The veteran musician teamed up with the group to record new album Lulu, but Reed tells USA Today many of the band's devotees are unhappy about the record and have sent him reams of unpleasant messages.

"(They) are threatening to shoot me, and that's only because I showed up. They haven't even heard the record yet, and they're recommending various forms of torture and death," he says.

However, the 'Perfect Day' singer is not letting the threats upset him.

"I don't have any fans left. After (1975 album) Metal Machine Music, they all fled. Who cares? I'm essentially in this for the fun of it."

Metallica star Lars Ulrich has also shrugged off the negative response from fans, insisting they are used to criticism over the band's choices.

"In 1984, when hard-core Metallica fans heard acoustic guitars on 'Fade to Black', there was a nuclear meltdown in the heavy-metal community. There have been many more since then," he says.

"This (album) is something they've never heard. Nobody hears rhythms or delivers poetry the way Lou does. It's not for everyone, but I think it's a fantastic record."

WENN
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Reply
#3
SteveO Wrote:Very anxious out of curiosity to hear this one !

yeh, could be interesting SteveO...guess i'll end up waiting to see what Corey's opinion is
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply
#4
People are so weird!
"I said, I found the secret to life, I found the secret to life
I'm okay when everything is not okay, is not okay"

~Tori Amos, Upside Down
Reply
#5
TraceNspace Wrote:People are so weird!
hey! watch it
you're not no shining example for normalcy yourself

Reply
#6
"they tried to tell me i wasnt normal,
i tried to say theres no such thing,
i spat in their faces with a runaway smile,
and ran for my life"...

from "heres one that got away" Style Council 1984
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply
#7
Music Head Wrote:hey! watch it
you're not no shining example for normalcy yourself
True but I haven't sent out any death threats lately.
"I said, I found the secret to life, I found the secret to life
I'm okay when everything is not okay, is not okay"

~Tori Amos, Upside Down
Reply
#8
Paul Simon - The Concert in the Park
Here's a taster for those who have not heard it. With Armand Sabal-Lecco on bass. This, boys and girls, is how you play the bass guitar.

http://youtu.be/zDfT8tUtUiw

Wrong thread again! Think I am losing my marbles......apologies.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Reply
#9
This will be very interesting.
Reply
#10
What ryhmes with Dickhead?
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NEW ALBUM: Dan Reed Network - Let's Hear It For The King Music Head 1 710 28-06-2022, 13:16
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW TRACK: Robert Reed - Sendlinger's Song Ruby 1 1,013 20-01-2022, 07:27
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Lou Reed vs Australian Journalists dennis1077 0 1,321 08-07-2016, 20:40
Last Post: dennis1077
  Cover collaboration xskater8x 0 955 03-06-2014, 12:41
Last Post: xskater8x
  LOU REED dead.... CRAZY-HORSE 6 2,789 13-12-2013, 19:32
Last Post: kelandwood

Forum Jump: