Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Seeking More Music
#1
Hello Ppl, I am a musiclover seeking more music to add to my library. I have pretty good taste in music and think it would be difficult for you/sum1/any1 to give me a good song that i havent heard b4. i like all kinds of music from metal(ex.metallica/sumpantera) to dance music(ex.bennybenassi,sumMadonna). And sum old stuff too like 50s,60s stuff from artists like richievalens,thesupremes,buddyholly. My Fav Song is Start Me Up by the rolling stones, sum other songs to give u an idea of the music i like that are my favs are, hot in the city by billyidol, hungrylikethewolf by duranduran, maggiemay-rodstewart,we didnt start the fire-Bjoel, twilightzone-goldenearring, returntosender-EPresley, Yup songs like that. Sum dance/girly songs i think are good are It's My Life-NoDoubt, Like a Virgin-Madonna, sum 90s dance. I dont know what else to put except I like music with soul,goodsound,goodbeat, and goodlyrics can make a crappy song good.i dont know i am a 23 yr old kid can anybody show me the way? lol thx n ltr.

p.s. or will i have to show u all the way Tongue j/k
Reply
#2
Blimey....that's such a diverse set of tastes that it's difficult to make recommendations. I'm only going to list artists,so you'll have to investigate further. Here goes.....

- I'd frequently recommend that people check out Pixies. Several classic albums with music that combines some of your influences.

- As I've recommended on another thread recently, how about the Drive-By Truckers for some classic rock music ?

- Also from another thread, Talking Heads.

- There's also Joy Division/New Order.

- The Doors are always worth checking out.

- Grandaddy are a favourite of mine.

I could go on, but let me know what you think of these.
Reply
#3
i defenitley agree with the pixies, so underated. "Here Comes Your Man" is a great one by them
i would also check out RADIOHEAD. greatest band of all time. anything from In Rainbows will do...simply amazing
if you like older stuff like you mentioned from 50s and 60s listen to "Marry Me, Bill" by The Fifth Demension. lol its a song off My Girl i just love.
also as far as hip hoppy things go id check out some out defenitley. the pharcyde, tribe called quest, ICE CUBE! "It Was A Good Day" is THE greatest west coast rap song of all time.
we're not scaremongering,
This Is Really Happening.
Reply
#4
As paranoid android said check out Radiohead. But my recommendation for radiohead is to first check out their album The Bends because it is generally more accessible to outsiders of radiohead. If you like that then check out IMO their best album and my personal favourite Ok Computer.

But if you are more into the electronica side of the diverse entity known as music then check out Kid A first then In Rainbows. Give them a chance and you might end up liking them like I have.

Enjoy.
Reply
#5
Listen to Insect Warfare.
Reply
#6
Yeah, with that diversity, it's hard to recommend.

Metal? Have a listen to melodic death metal band, In Flames.

Dance? Have you heard the dance/electronic band Cut Copy? Definitely worth checking out. Also: The Avalanches, The Presets.

And if you like good ol' Rod Stewart, check out some Neil Diamond or Cat Stevens (especially, "Tea For the Tillerman", which is, in my opinion, one of the best albums ever to grace the earth).

Another reliable artist from the early days: Billy Thorpe and the Aztecs.

You have probably heard of these bands before, but if you haven't, definitely find the time to have a listen.
"Dad, what's a muppet?"
"Well, it's not quite a mop, not quite a puppet, but man... *laughs* ...so in answer to your question, I don't know."
***
Ace. In yo' face.
Reply
#7
Ace Wrote:Cat Stevens (especially, "Tea For the Tillerman", which is, in my opinion, one of the best albums ever to grace the earth).

Point of interest:

I have my only musical fatwa on dear old Cat. This was imposed after I read an article which reported that he supported the muslim fatwa placed on the head of the UK-based writer Salman Rushdie.

Consequently he's the only artist who I think I'd like that I won't be supporting by purchasing CDs.

I figure that if he didn't really make such a statement, no-one got hurt, & I've had my little bit of principled fun. If he did, then my protest is only right and proper.

My fatwa is unfortunately flawed & somewhat hypocritical, since I have a 10000 Maniacs album which contains his Peace Train.
Reply
#8
I bought his album before I knew of this whole mess, but I don't see him as Yusuf Islam; I see him as Cat Stevens, a phenomenal songwriter.

Still, he did deny that he was endorsing the death, and that he was just reinstating Islamic law. That debate's been going on for eons. But then he went and said this:

Robertson: You don't think that this man deserves to die?
Y. Islam: Who, Salman Rushdie?
Robertson: Yes.
Y. Islam: Yes, yes.
Robertson: And do you have a duty to be his executioner?
Y. Islam: Uh, no, not necessarily, unless we were in an Islamic state and I was ordered by a judge or by the authority to carry out such an act - perhaps, yes.

Whatever; he still has fantastic music. And I'm not saying that anyone should ignore what he said; I'm just stating that I enjoyed his music before I knew of this whole matter, so why should I not enjoy it now?
"Dad, what's a muppet?"
"Well, it's not quite a mop, not quite a puppet, but man... *laughs* ...so in answer to your question, I don't know."
***
Ace. In yo' face.
Reply
#9
Totally agree Ace. I would defend your right to like or dislike whoever you wish.

Just a personal vendetta. And I don't dispute that he's a big talent either.
Reply
#10
I think that pandora is a great way to find new music, I know it is for me. Youo should check it out.
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why is this in my music collection? CMB1888 6 3,669 03-12-2025, 05:06
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Happy Birthday Music Head CRAZY-HORSE 2 1,273 24-10-2025, 12:33
Last Post: Music Head
  Importance of music johnnygees 32 15,458 04-02-2025, 11:42
Last Post: JeromeD
  Tring to explain why I like instrumental music Drealm 4 3,967 30-12-2024, 08:03
Last Post: JeromeD
  Any Artists(not just music) out there LHDesigns 1 1,817 15-04-2023, 09:34
Last Post: JeromeD
  Salutations Music Head. CRAZY-HORSE 3 1,799 23-10-2022, 15:04
Last Post: JeromeD
  Learning about music mixing Homer Bluth 2 2,417 08-11-2021, 08:11
Last Post: JeromeD
  "Progressive" Music coordinatednoise 8 5,684 06-11-2021, 06:30
Last Post: JeromeD
  Sometimes porn music is really good Drealm 23 9,223 04-07-2021, 13:55
Last Post: JeromeD
  Paying for compressed music : I still can't accept it Drealm 11 4,712 03-01-2021, 12:14
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE

Forum Jump: