Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Are You Listening To?
Very intersting cd cover,,,cool !!!!! and now time to listen to the music ?????,,,,sometime..lol
Tiggi Wrote:[Image: 41IhwTdkCNL._SL500_AA300_.jpg]

London DJ's debut from 2011.

Decided a few weeks ago to explore some more Dubstep, as the two Burial albums have made quite an impression. This one gets plenty of mentions from the cognoscenti, so it had to be ordered.

Much more approachable than Burial's albums, and features a much more flamboyant musical pallette. This means it lacks something of the atmosphere of the Burials, but is no less enjoyable for that.

Quality Electronica...

AllMusic 4/5 stars.
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
[Image: 41tPmWpcUDL._SL500_AA300_.jpg]

On the laptop.

Eno's 7th solo record, released in 1978.

A recommendation from Jerome, I think.

Get the concept. Don't dislike this sort of ambient instrumental music, but the album sounds like it needs to be played at a volume I can't achieve via laptop.
Little here that I particularly liked, but I can't dismiss it without buying a copy and hearing it properly.

So this is a Buy List miss that will end up being bought anyway just to hear it full scale. Thus it paradoxically makes the Buy List. Life's full of contradictions...

AllMusic 5/5 stars.
"Writing about music is like dancing about architecture"

Unknown
[Image: 51p8pFCwVbL._SL500_AA300_.jpg]

Their third original studio album, from 1998.

Something of a Trip Hop high point from sometimes-brilliant UK outfit. In my opinion, they haven't got anywhere near the standard of this one since.

The dark mood & tension in the music persist right through the album, with only the last track (Exchange) offering any soothing relief, but it all hangs together beautifully.

Features excellent guest vocals from both Reggae singer Horace Andy, and ex-Cocteau Twin Liz Fraser. She did the vocalese thing with the Cocteaus, so it's strange to hear her singing real words.

A wonderful album that I deliberately don't listen to too often, so it stays just unfamiliar enough to surprise me again...

AllMusic 5/5 stars. What were they thinking ??

Unknown
That album Music for Films is fantastic. I just gave it a listen Smile
^ It was a recommendation from Jerome.

Unknown
[Image: 41ixZap13WL._SL500_AA300_.jpg]

On the laptop.

His third album from 2003.

Quite abstract (at times) instrumental Electronica. Not so left-field that there aren't plenty of soothing tunes, and some sublime beats, but challenging enough to be interesting if you like something a little different.

A good one that makes the Buy List.

AllMusic 4+/5 stars.

Unknown
[Image: 311pOcPb2GL._SL500_AA300_.jpg]

Debut proper from Size's band, from 1997.

This one was an early Mercury Music Prize winner, which is just about the only awards system with any shred of credibility in my view.

From the same Bristol scene that produced Portishead, Massive Attack, Tricky, Goldfrapp, and others, but Size's music was Drum & Bass rather than Trip Hop.

Has a Jazzy feel, primarily due to the use of upright Bass, but the skittering percussion, and sparse arrangements are pure D&B.

Good album in a genre I don't often visit.

RoviMusic 5/5 stars.

Unknown
[Image: 41ixZap13WL._SL500_AA300_.jpg]

Hard copy.

As mentioned a couple of entries above.

Nothing to add...

Unknown
TANGERINE DREAM - The Angel From the West Window...released June 2011

[Image: R-3049100-1313333027.jpeg]

Fabulous ambient electronica from the everlasting Kings of Electronic Music ! One of my favorites from last year !...as usual Tangerine Dream fail to disappoint.
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
One of theirs I have not heard of!!! Something to explore......

SteveO Wrote:TANGERINE DREAM - The Angel From the West Window...released June 2011

[Image: R-3049100-1313333027.jpeg]

Fabulous ambient electronica from the everlasting Kings of Electronic Music ! One of my favorites from last year !...as usual Tangerine Dream fail to disappoint.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What im listening to at the moment PsychoPrincess81 1 467 26-10-2021, 17:26
Last Post: JeromeD