Posts: 8
Threads: 3
Joined: Dec 2011
I am a few days late "January 8th" But I love listening to the kings music all the time.I wonder if he lived longer,how music would of turned out.He influenced Rock and roll to the core.
Lee Bergeron
Posts: 5,551
Threads: 146
Joined: Jan 2008
I'm certainly not knocking Elvis, since his impact on music was huge IMV.
However, I think Elvis didn't maintain his trailblazing in R&R. Within a very short time he had been eclipsed by others (Beatles f'rinstance), who took up the baton and pushed the boundaries.
Don't get me wrong, he was a great artist to the end, but his days of influencing things were short lived.
Therefore, I don't think music would be any different if he'd survived, except that there'd probably be some more Elvis albums out there.
"Writing about music is like dancing about architecture"
Unknown
Posts: 2,223
Threads: 359
Joined: Oct 2009
I'd agree with you there Tiggi!
Nice to be able to go back to trust and friendship!!!!!!!!!
It's a mixed up sensation this being alive
Oh! it wears a man down into the ground
It's the strangest elation
I can't describe it
Oh it leaves a man weary
It makes a man frown..............................Chris Simpson ( "Mixed Up Sensations" 1975 Martin's Cafe )
Posts: 183
Threads: 5
Joined: Jan 2012
Elvis Presley is someone who was a dynamic musician and he was someone who knew how to entertain his own way. Also Elvis is someone who will be remembered for his music. I agree that Elvis's impact won't be as recognized but he is a dynamic man. Elvis is definitely missed especially in these down times of music right now.
Posts: 15
Threads: 2
Joined: Jan 2012
Definitely agree.
Cheers,
Conrad