Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Which Music Won't You Touch ??
#31
CMB1888 Wrote:Polka rap - you weren't joking?

http://www.letspolka.com/2006/11/bizarro...lka-video/

Bit of a dodgy video though


but then not really... i am not a fan of 99.999% of rap.

if they start sampling polka, i will not be a fan of that either.

i like actual musicians. call me crazy.
Reply
#32
vinyldisc Wrote:i like actual musicians. call me crazy.

Okay, Crazy. Why do you think people who make rap music aren't musicians?
Reply
#33
umm.. the only music I wont touch is complete screaming, in rock. Cause I dont think its music. There is no melody.
Reply
#34
punk4trev Wrote:umm.. the only music I wont touch is complete screaming, in rock. Cause I dont think its music. There is no melody.

Could you give an example of which "screaming rock bands" you're talking about, please?

You've got the word "punk" in your name but actually detest some "screaming in rock"? I assume you listen to some naff pop-punk stuff, amirite?
Reply
#35
I don't see how music with complete screaming has no melody... Most vocalists in "rock" music can't sing melodies anyway and have no concept of notes in relation to their voice... At least that's what you get from listening to their music. The melodies are in the music... Not that anyone listens to music for the music anymore.
[URL="http://www.fictionpress.com/%7Edoriane"]
[/URL]
Reply
#36
Foreign language music, cause i cant relate to it.
Reply
#37
My friend Paul's music

I said I'd download some stuff for him if he gave me a list - this is what I am downloading - Vanessa Paradis, Belinda Carlisle, Kiss, Skid Row, Faith No More, Chicago and Roxette

He's a young guy from Ireland - what the..........heck!

Although he was great on the 1980s music round at a quiz last Friday.
Reply
#38
Rap, Hip Hop & all the spin-offs of those two. No imagination whatsoever. And no musical ability either. It does not require talent. Anyone can do it. The only question is why they bother. Oh yes and 'songs' that are fully laden with expletives. Do we have to really sink to the lowest common denominator in order to impress? Methinks not!
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Reply
#39
I'll touch anything

Reply
#40
Jerome Wrote:Rap, Hip Hop & all the spin-offs of those two. No imagination whatsoever. And no musical ability either. It does not require talent. Anyone can do it. The only question is why they bother. Oh yes and 'songs' that are fully laden with expletives. Do we have to really sink to the lowest common denominator in order to impress? Methinks not!

really Jerome???
i would have thought there was a lot of skill in being able to rap at a frentic pace...with the breathing and all,not that im a fan of 99.9% of it, mostly like you, because of the foul language.
have you ever listened to a full Eminem album by chance, i think he is the best of the best in that genre?!?
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why is this in my music collection? CMB1888 6 3,663 03-12-2025, 05:06
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Happy Birthday Music Head CRAZY-HORSE 2 1,273 24-10-2025, 12:33
Last Post: Music Head
  Importance of music johnnygees 32 15,427 04-02-2025, 11:42
Last Post: JeromeD
  Tring to explain why I like instrumental music Drealm 4 3,962 30-12-2024, 08:03
Last Post: JeromeD
  Any Artists(not just music) out there LHDesigns 1 1,816 15-04-2023, 09:34
Last Post: JeromeD
  Salutations Music Head. CRAZY-HORSE 3 1,798 23-10-2022, 15:04
Last Post: JeromeD
  Learning about music mixing Homer Bluth 2 2,415 08-11-2021, 08:11
Last Post: JeromeD
  "Progressive" Music coordinatednoise 8 5,674 06-11-2021, 06:30
Last Post: JeromeD
  Sometimes porn music is really good Drealm 23 9,208 04-07-2021, 13:55
Last Post: JeromeD
  Paying for compressed music : I still can't accept it Drealm 11 4,703 03-01-2021, 12:14
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE

Forum Jump: