Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Classic Rock Songs you'd love to hear on the radio
#11
and this is @jerome...idk why but i tried to respond to you early but it didnt post haha...but as far as my listeners, well theyre arent many because its just a college station. but when i do get call in requests its usually from folks that grew up in the 70's asking for Zeppelin or Boston type music.

You can absolutely listen online at: WIUP FM

its great that people on this site are into different types of music because the station is very eclectic. I run a classic rock show on Thursdays from 12pm-2pm but there are other shows there the showcase other genres of music. Theres also "Mix" shows where the DJ can play whatever they want
Reply
#12
oh and one more thing...im sure this goes without saying they must be FCC appropriate so no cussing=/
Reply
#13
and BTW Jerome, I keep trying to respond to you but i think because i included a link to stream the radio show it has to be "approved" so hopefully those posts show up soon

I'm still very new at this thing I'm sorry!!
Reply
#14
jroknbok Wrote:and BTW Jerome, I keep trying to respond to you but i think because i included a link to stream the radio show it has to be "approved" so hopefully those posts show up soon

I'm still very new at this thing I'm sorry!!
Yep, that's probably what happened Smile welcome again!
"I said, I found the secret to life, I found the secret to life
I'm okay when everything is not okay, is not okay"

~Tori Amos, Upside Down
Reply
#15
It's a musical pleasure, John ! I have a lot more if you wish ?....Deep Purple's HUSH is another one !...lol..on and on !
jroknbok Wrote:Good call on The Who, one of my favorite bands. Just put that on the playlist!! Rock n Roll Hoochie Koo is amazing as well. Already got Zeppelin on the playlist but those are two fantastic songs. I've never heard of Focus or Thunderclap Newman so I'll check them out And the rest are songs I love and I definitely don't hear enough


Thanks for the help!!
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Reply
#16
ahhh crap i shoul'dve played deep purple!!! Shows almost over now, 20 minutes left haha.

Thanks to everyone for all the great suggestions...if i post this topic weekly i hope it doesn't get annoying!!! it been very helpful in getting prepared for my show

thanks again!!
Reply
#17
No sweat about the prog /ambient music - each to their own. But I do have a large collection of rock music as well. I listen to a variety of stuff but would probably not have as broad a pallette as some of the other regulars here. I don't know how they get through all the stuff they listen to! Some more suggestions

Bad Company - Bad Company
Deep Purple - Perfect Strangers
Rainbow - Since You've Been Gone
Asia - Sole Survivor
Strawbs - Lay Down
Dire Straits - Once Upon a Time in the West
GTR - When the Heart Rules the Mind
and on and on we go......I am sure you will be getting plenty more from other members.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Reply
#18
Jerome: I hear ya man. I want to broaden my musical knowledge but I can barely keep up with the genres I'm already into. THERE'S JUST TOO MUCH!!! haha

And those are all great suggestions. I always forget to play Bad Company even though I love them. Can never go wrong with Deep Purple. I never really became a Rainbow or Asia fan but that might just be because I don't know enough about them. Never heard of Strawbs or GTR so thank you for helping me find new things. And the Dire straights are always great!!

Thanks Again EVerybody!!! I'll keep these suggestions for next week!
Reply
#19
one more for now...Romeo and Juliet by Dire Straits.
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Reply
#20
jroknbok Wrote:Jerome: I hear ya man. I want to broaden my musical knowledge but I can barely keep up with the genres I'm already into. THERE'S JUST TOO MUCH!!! haha

And those are all great suggestions. I always forget to play Bad Company even though I love them. Can never go wrong with Deep Purple. I never really became a Rainbow or Asia fan but that might just be because I don't know enough about them. Never heard of Strawbs or GTR so thank you for helping me find new things. And the Dire straights are always great!!

Thanks Again EVerybody!!! I'll keep these suggestions for next week!

Here's one to get you going - GTR - When The Heart Rules The Mind - YouTube
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NEW ALBUM: Lucinda Williams - Stories From A Rock N Roll Heart Music Head 0 921 17-07-2023, 11:38
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: RICK WAKEMAN & The English Rock Ensemble ~ A Gallery of the Imagination Ruby 9 3,317 26-03-2023, 13:42
Last Post: JeromeD
  NEW SONG: Donovan & David Gilmour - Rock Me Ruby 1 1,094 15-12-2022, 10:05
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW SONG: Neil Young & Crazy Horse "standing in the light of love" CRAZY-HORSE 0 826 02-07-2022, 08:26
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Dan Reed Network - Let's Hear It For The King Music Head 1 714 28-06-2022, 13:16
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW SONGS: DAWES Ruby 3 1,454 10-06-2022, 06:43
Last Post: JeromeD
  NEW ALBUM: Kid Rock - "bad attitude" CRAZY-HORSE 0 859 23-03-2022, 12:22
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEWSINGLE: Kid Rock - dont tell me how to live. CRAZY-HORSE 0 758 24-11-2021, 13:12
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Blackberry Smoke "you hear Georgia" CRAZY-HORSE 2 1,203 12-06-2021, 12:35
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
Music Anyway You Want It For Love (Official Lyric Video) - Shawn Adam Williams SouthernCroon87 0 727 05-06-2021, 22:00
Last Post: SouthernCroon87

Forum Jump: