Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Nick Drake
#1
Im getting into Nick Drake..vocal with acoustic guitar. beautifull strangely haunting songs slightly strange melodies (lots of diminished chords thrown in) and lovelly string arrangements ..in the style of Cat Stevens and James Taylor but with his own unique style. I say to anyone check this guy out. Really great..
Reply
#2
i have two of his albums...they are ok but i dont think of him as being "brilliant" like others on the site do
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply
#3
I have Bryter Later

Reply
#4
Music Head Wrote:I have Bryter Later

have that one and "five leaves(something of other?)"
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply
#5
Yes Nick is well known here....Five Leaves Left, Bryter Layter and Pink Moon ! Great artist that left us too soon ..only 26 !
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Reply
#6
A lady friend bought me a copy of Pink Moon and while I do enjoy it from time to time I find I have to be in a really introspective frame of mind to listen to his material ??!!??. Maybe I need therapy...........
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Reply
#7
It appears so Jerome !Confusedmile:
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Reply
#8
SteveO Wrote:Yes Nick is well known here....Five Leaves Left, Bryter Layter and Pink Moon ! Great artist that left us too soon ..only 26 !

I agree Steve. Lots to hear in his three full albums.
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NEW ALBUM: John Hackett, Nick Fletcher - Beyond the Stars Ruby 0 1,238 30-10-2018, 22:51
Last Post: Ruby
  Nick Lowe does a Christmas album jazzboCR 0 867 29-11-2014, 22:50
Last Post: jazzboCR

Forum Jump: