Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gotye "somebody that i used to know"
fiannly, after months of heaping praise on this "new" Australian artist and this song inparticular he has reached #1 on the UK singles charts with "somebody that i used to know", lets hope there is a worldwide chain reaction about to happen for him!...and "making mirrors" is an album worth listening to IMO!

[video=youtube;8UVNT4wvIGY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UVNT4wvIGY[/video]
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

It's doing pretty well here.
get's played on VH1 regularly

good to hear...noticed he was on Letterman the other week...good place for 'exposure', worthy album also IMO!
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

I pushed this song on most of my friends months ago because you brought it to my attention CH Smile
"I said, I found the secret to life, I found the secret to life
I'm okay when everything is not okay, is not okay"

~Tori Amos, Upside Down
glad to see the single is not selling in the US by jumping from #27 to #16 this week on the Billboard singles charts...well deserved effort IMO!

but alas,
his new single actually features some 'nudity' according to radio station TripleJ out here....guess his record company feels he need to become fashionable on the video market also....!

I bought the album "Making Mirrors," a couple of days ago and I liked the track, "Somebody I Used to Know," the moment I heard it. I just had to go and get the album. It's the sort of sound that I really like and the harmoineis in the middle of the track give me goosebumps. Nice female eye candy in the video as well.
I keep giving this song a chance. I feel like I screwed myself with liking it. I didn't hear of it until one of my favorite bands did a quick little free cover just for fun, to promote the song more in contrast to some of the more popular music out there that's not very good. Now the original doesn't match up to the other band's version for me. Bias to the wrong version of the song, lols. >_<
I must revisit Making Mirrors ! I listened to it last year and was very impressed !
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Gotye, #1 in the UK with "somebody that i used to know" for the last three weeks now, and finally made it into the top 10 in the US at #9 this week....well deserved IMO!

I had never heard of this guy, but a friend of mine is at his show right now and I actually really like this song.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gotye/Star Wars spoof CRAZY-HORSE 4 1,285 11-07-2012, 17:02
Last Post: TraceNspace
  Gotye #1 on Billboard charts CRAZY-HORSE 4 1,190 20-04-2012, 21:51
Last Post: hatchetman