Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
great news about Neil Young..
[Image: main.jpg]

[h=1][/h][h=1]Neil Young And Crazy Horse to Release new album on June 5th.[/h]By Andy Greene
March 19, 2012 8:00 PM ET

'Americana'

Neil Young and Crazy Horse will release their new LP Americana on June 5th. It's their first album together since Greendale in 2003, and their first album with the full Crazy Horse line-up of Billy Talbot, Ralph Molina and Frank "Poncho" Sampedro since Broken Arrow in 1996. The songs on Americana are all classic American folk songs, including "This Land Is Your Land," "Gallows Pole," "Tom Dooley" and "Clementine."
At the Slamdance Film Festival earlier this year, Young talked about the album. "A very young choir of children plays with Crazy Horse [on the album,]" he said. "They're songs we all know from kindergarden, but Crazy Horse has rearranged them, and they now belong to us."
"What ties these songs together is the fact that while they may represent an America that may no longer exist," says a press release announcing the new album."The emotions and scenarios behind these songs still resonate with what’s going on in the country today with equal, if not greater impact nearly 200 years later. The lyrics reflect the same concerns and are still remarkably meaningful to a society going through economic and cultural upheaval, especially during an election year. They are just as poignant and powerful today as the day they were written."
The disc was recorded at Audio Casa Blanca and was produced by Neil Young and John Hanlon with Mark Humphreys.
Neil Young and Crazy Horse made their first live appearance since 2004 last month at the MusicCares tribute to Paul McCartney in Los Angeles. They played "I Saw Her Standing There" that many critics called a highlight of the star-studded show, though the band has released no touring plans. "I honestly have not heard a solitary thing about touring," Crazy Horse drummer Ralph Molina wrote on his Facebook page last month.

Here is the complete track-listing for Americana:

"Oh Susannah"
"Clementine
"
"Tom Dooley"
"
Gallows Pole
"
"Get A Job
"
"Travel On
"
"High Flyin’ Bird
"
"She’ll Be Comin ’Round The Mountain"
"This Land Is Your Land
"
"Wayfarin’ Stranger
"
"God Save The Queen"

"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

'she'll be comin' round the mountain"...wtf!, maybe he should just release "whip my hair" and "sexy and i know it"!
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

sounded good till I saw it was covers

Ya what's goin' on here ! Macca did an album of covers and now the Neil the Great is doing them ? Maybe they realize time is getting short and they loved these songs enough to release them to the public ! Lord only knows that they've paid their dues a thousand times over ...so now ..the heck with it...I'll put out what I want to put out !!!! at this juncture in my career.

They (Macca and Neil) have entertained millions upon millions of music lovers for the past 40 years or so with fantastic original music so I really don't have a big problem with their cover releases at this time in their careers. They're simply doing songs that they've loved all their life ! As far as ripping off the public ...bullocks...lots of artists release covers much much earlier in their careers !

Having said that, I won't be in a frantic rush to hear Neil's new covers album just like I wasn't in a big rush to hear McCartney's either !

(I had a problem with John Lennon's Rock n' Roll covers album until I realised that he was doing songs of his idols and not particularly ours..he was an idol to us himself )
Music Head Wrote:sounded good till I saw it was covers
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
SteveO,,,
Neil has always put out what he wanted to regardless of what anyone thinks otherwise he'd have made 40 versions of "harvest" by now LOL!...thats why he is so eclectic...but it doesnt always work in his favour...

am actually looking foreward to this album(well, did you all expect anything less!), im just hoping that with Crazy Horse in tow that he really turns these songs into 'his' songs....guessing we'll find out in June!

don't really have a problem with the covers albums
not when those in question have paid their dues, as those two certainly have
would probably even purchase at some point, at a discount
just wouldn't pay retail when it first comes out

yes that is a great line up only sadly without the late Danny Witten.
yes I agree with that Steve O

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Neil Young has issue with bootleggers CRAZY-HORSE 1 403 10-04-2022, 15:08
Last Post: Ruby
  ABBA news! CRAZY-HORSE 4 799 03-09-2021, 08:54
  lost Neil Young/Joni Mitchell tapes from 1968 discovered! CRAZY-HORSE 1 1,095 15-03-2021, 08:08
Last Post: Jerome
  Neil Finn's Bowie cover. CRAZY-HORSE 0 513 11-04-2020, 06:00
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Conductor with a great left hand technique OKCATHY1 2 970 23-11-2019, 21:13
  NEIL YOUNG loses home in Californian fires.. CRAZY-HORSE 3 1,325 13-11-2018, 13:23
Last Post: Music Head
  interesting Rolling Stone magazine Q & A with Neil Young: CRAZY-HORSE 0 952 25-04-2018, 23:34
  MUSIC NEWS: Steve Winwood to release his first "live" album CRAZY-HORSE 1 1,432 01-09-2017, 13:55
Last Post: SteveO
  new PINK album news: CRAZY-HORSE 2 1,213 13-08-2017, 01:31
  MUSIC NEWS: new Waterboys album on the way... CRAZY-HORSE 0 1,072 30-06-2017, 13:54