Posts: 13,354
Threads: 236
Joined: May 2011
26-02-2012, 16:03
(This post was last modified: 26-02-2012, 16:13 by SteveO.)
COME ON MEMBERS ...NOMINATE OR VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITE ARTISTS IN THE MD HALL OF FAME SECTION !!!!
THE BEATLES ONLY HAVE 8 VOTES IN TWO WEEKS .......
MILES DAVIS, IGOR STRAVINSKY, and FRANK SINATRA ARE ALSO NOMINATED !..
The MD members are knowledgable music lovers so you know that all of these artists deserve Hall of Fame recognition even if you do not particularly like or listen to their music !!!!
JUST ADD A COUPLE OF LINES TO JUSTIFY YOUR NOMINATION !!!!!
ALSO LOOK AT THE MUSICAL VIEWS AND REVIEWS SECTION - BEGINNERS GUIDE, WEEKLY ALBUM REVIEWS,BEST ALBUM POLL AND CLASSIC ALBUM SECTIONS !!!!!
The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Posts: 564
Threads: 38
Joined: Jul 2011
that's why I said we should make it five votes instead of ten
Posts: 929
Threads: 3
Joined: Mar 2011
OR, we could be patient, attract more members and let the hall of fame build slowly and strongly. I know it's hard to wait but do we benefit from "lowering the bar"? What attracted me to this web-site was its open-minded approach to ALL music. If we continue to welcome everyone and maintain the largely respectful/diplomatic approach members have to each other the place will build. There is a good thing going on here and I wouldn't want to water it down.
Posts: 29,762
Threads: 8,841
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 13,354
Threads: 236
Joined: May 2011
Matt, that would not change the participation ..and if we change to 5 votes we've got 4 artists in with only 4 nominations in over two weeks !!!!! I think 10 is fine for now as I don't believe 5 will change anything....let's see what happens !!! We can't always tailor the site for the regular users only !
mtthwibrahim Wrote:that's why I said we should make it five votes instead of ten
The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Posts: 13,354
Threads: 236
Joined: May 2011
Yes exactly Evil ! I agree totally ! By lowering vote to 5 makes it easier for nominations within the Regular User Group of MD but that's not our intention ! I am looking for more participation, Trace has placed the thread on Facebook also !
I know some members would just love to say " The Who " and that's it...very shallow and lazy commentary IMHO ! I would except a line or two for justification and that's being nice..lol !!!!
evilB Wrote:OR, we could be patient, attract more members and let the hall of fame build slowly and strongly. I know it's hard to wait but do we benefit from "lowering the bar"? What attracted me to this web-site was its open-minded approach to ALL music. If we continue to welcome everyone and maintain the largely respectful/diplomatic approach members have to each other the place will build. There is a good thing going on here and I wouldn't want to water it down.
The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Posts: 13,354
Threads: 236
Joined: May 2011
Remember PLEASE.... just because you don't particularly like the group doesn't mean you cannot recognise their contribution to the history of music ! I don't know or I don't understand how devoted music fans can disregard any NOTABLE artist entirely !
The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Posts: 13,354
Threads: 236
Joined: May 2011
Is there any member out there who has someone to nominate for the Hall of Fame ?...I can't believe there isn't !!!!
The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Posts: 13,354
Threads: 236
Joined: May 2011
I'm sure there are lots of artists that our newbies can nominate!!!!!
SteveO Wrote:Is there any member out there who has someone to nominate for the Hall of Fame ?...I can't believe there isn't !!!!
The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!