Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Nomination: Beach Boys
[Image: 219px-Seis_Beach_Boys.gif]

My introduction and love of music began in the early sixties with that british invasion thing. Of course the Stones and Beatles headed that list. But after all I was an american and the hottest american group at the time were the Beach Boys. Being California boys, surfing was their thing. The internet was the closest I've ever gotten to surfing. I don't recall having the internet back then but I did like the surfing music. Jan & Dean were the only other artists they tried to latch on to that wave. Some good songs but they couldn't match the Beach Boys. They rode that wave for a few while with album titles of Surfin' Safari, Surfin' USA, and Surfer Girl before moving on to the car theme with Little Duece Coupe and Shut Down. I was on board for the ride and what a ride it was. First album was 1962 and still performing today. That's 50 years folks. How many groups are still performing after 50 years? Starting as a family group with brothers Carl, Dennis and Brian Wilson with cousin Mike Love and outsider Al Jardine. Brian was the writing talent with more than two dozen top 40 hits to his credit. He would eventually succumb to substance abuse and mental health issues but the group carried on, although never equaling those early years, when the group challenged the Beatles for both commercial and critical acclaim. A hard act to challenge. Twenty Eight studio albums between the years of 1962-1996 make them worthy candidates as the second inductee into the MD Hall Of Fame.

one of my favorites
a song all teenagers can relate to
sometimes I think I'm still a teenager
I still have a room where I can put on the headphones and fade away

[video=youtube;1fQT-GjKlLw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fQT-GjKlLw[/video]

Nice comments, Music Head ! Another mega group from the fabulous sixties !!!!

I VOTE....YES
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
yes,yes,yes!
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

Oh God yes

SMiLE is just about the most perfect thing ever made (or not made, rather)
I like this band. Beach Boys made their own sound and were able to produce great music. I say yes.
Naloba soko ya muyembi mibale Franco na Pepe Kalle. Nayeba muyembi mibale pamba te nzembo na bango.
Grand Maitre Franco Giantafrique Pepe Kalle
Hi Cherie! Do you have a nomination of your own that you have in mind? It only takes a few lines of justification.
CherieLuamboYampanyaStar Wrote:I like this band. Beach Boys made their own sound and were able to produce great music. I say yes.
Absolutely YES!
"I said, I found the secret to life, I found the secret to life
I'm okay when everything is not okay, is not okay"

~Tori Amos, Upside Down
I will try to think of my own nomination pretty soon SteveO. I am working hard to think about it.
Naloba soko ya muyembi mibale Franco na Pepe Kalle. Nayeba muyembi mibale pamba te nzembo na bango.
Grand Maitre Franco Giantafrique Pepe Kalle
Thanks Cherie !!!!!
CherieLuamboYampanyaStar Wrote:I will try to think of my own nomination pretty soon SteveO. I am working hard to think about it.
can I just take this chance to talk about how underrated there 70s period was?

"Friends", "Love You", 'Surf's Up"; all amongst some of the most endearing popalbums ever made. Best of all is the commonly bashed "Smiley Smile", which is everything Big Star's "Third" wishes it was(and mind you this is coming from someone who worships the ground Alex Chilton walks on)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nomination: Mark Knopfler Ruby 9 5,012 13-11-2016, 20:57
Last Post: MissNSporty
  Nomination: Queen C_woldt 9 4,424 27-10-2016, 15:39
Last Post: MFS
  Nomination- And Now Booker T.& The MG'S oldies65 1 2,798 25-09-2016, 16:32
Last Post: SteveO
  Neil diamond - nomination !!!! Md hall of fame SteveO 9 3,034 20-09-2016, 08:20
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Nomination- Smokey Robinson oldies65 3 1,750 03-09-2016, 21:00
  Nomination-Wilson Pickett oldies65 2 1,323 11-08-2016, 23:43
  Nomination-Eddie Kendricks oldies65 18 3,437 06-08-2016, 02:33
  Nomination: The Beatles SteveO 22 7,964 17-05-2016, 02:04
Last Post: Pharmcat
  Nomination: Lauryn Hill - The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill Tiggi 17 8,813 25-04-2016, 11:28
  Nomination-Lou Rawls oldies65 5 2,223 11-04-2016, 19:45