Posts: 1,387
Threads: 58
Joined: Jul 2010
So I went to the record store this weekend. In the bargain bin for 50 cents each I got Tom Jones Live in Las Vegas, Glen Miller, Charley Pride but I paid $14.99 for Guns 'n Roses Appetite for Destruction. It's in really good shape, like no one has ever listened to it! It was a great find especially since I needed to replace the album. I have had it on cassette and CD but both are long gone. I also picked up an Oingo Boingo and a Dramarama CD in a 2 for $3 bin. So a cheap weekend of music shopping
"I said, I found the secret to life, I found the secret to life
I'm okay when everything is not okay, is not okay"
~Tori Amos, Upside Down
Posts: 333
Threads: 4
Joined: Feb 2012
TraceNspace Wrote:So I went to the record store this weekend. In the bargain bin for 50 cents each I got Tom Jones Live in Las Vegas, Glen Miller, Charley Pride but I paid $14.99 for Guns 'n Roses Appetite for Destruction. It's in really good shape, like no one has ever listened to it! It was a great find especially since I needed to replace the album. I have had it on cassette and CD but both are long gone. I also picked up an Oingo Boingo and a Dramarama CD in a 2 for $3 bin. So a cheap weekend of music shopping 
Gotta love bargain bin finds!
Posts: 29,763
Threads: 8,842
Joined: Aug 2009
TraceNspace Wrote:So I went to the record store this weekend. In the bargain bin for 50 cents each I got Tom Jones Live in Las Vegas, Glen Miller, Charley Pride but I paid $14.99 for Guns 'n Roses Appetite for Destruction. It's in really good shape, like no one has ever listened to it! It was a great find especially since I needed to replace the album. I have had it on cassette and CD but both are long gone. I also picked up an Oingo Boingo and a Dramarama CD in a 2 for $3 bin. So a cheap weekend of music shopping 
did you get these at that little shop Lloyd and I went to?
Posts: 1,387
Threads: 58
Joined: Jul 2010
Music Head Wrote:did you get these at that little shop Lloyd and I went to?
I got all the vinyl there at Caroline's House of Records where you and Lloyd visited. The CD's I picked up at FYE in the mall. Oh and I am going back for a never opened copy of Surrealistic Pillow. It's $35 but I want it for mothers day! I think I'm going to <gasp> open it! Maybe not......so hard to decide.
"I said, I found the secret to life, I found the secret to life
I'm okay when everything is not okay, is not okay"
~Tori Amos, Upside Down
Posts: 9,643
Threads: 255
Joined: Jun 2010
Who was that by again - (Surrealistic Pillow)
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Posts: 29,763
Threads: 8,842
Joined: Aug 2009
Jerome Wrote:Who was that by again - (Surrealistic Pillow)
Jefferson Airplane, before they took off in that stupid starship
Posts: 13,354
Threads: 236
Joined: May 2011
VERY NICE !!!!, Trace !!! I nominated and reviewed the album earlier for the Classic album forum and it got a few votes for a silver award I believe! Great album.
Music Head Wrote:Jefferson Airplane, before they took off in that stupid starship
The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Posts: 29,763
Threads: 8,842
Joined: Aug 2009
Wal-Mart $7
want that Best Of set, but this will do in the meantime
not really a Hootie fan, but keep thinking I must be missing something
I'll find out when I get to it
Posts: 35,590
Threads: 3,572
Joined: Jul 2010
FUNHOUSE is a very good album MH, you wont be dissapointed overall...i guarentee it!
Hootie's best of set would be pretty good also i imagine!
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.
Posts: 285
Threads: 31
Joined: Aug 2011
The Good Rats "Blue Collar Rats (The Lost Archives)". Chocked full of stuff you could have seen them do live, but never made it onto an album.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]1432[/ATTACH]
You can live in staunch denile and mark me as your enemy, but I'm just a voice among the throng who want a brighter destiny, and say with me, "We are the New America!" -Greg Graffin