Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Favorite Girl Singers/Bands
#11
^ Welcome aboard MD, bassjam ! What music are you into ?
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Reply
#12
Hope Sandoval
Evva Cassidy
Pat Benatar
Stevie Nicks
Christine McVie
Carole King
Tracy Chapman
Tori Amos
Toni Childs (unique voice - actually two voices in one body)
Maggie O'Rielly
Roberta Flack
Tanita Tikaram
Adele
Emmylou Harris
to name a few.....

and last, but by no means least - Edith Piaf
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Reply
#13
this list is in no particular order it is some of the female vocalists that I love <3 <3


1 Kate Bush
2 Carole King
3 Kiki Dee
4 Helen Reddy
5 Bangles
6 Diana Ross
7 Lynsi de paul
8 Carly Simon
9 Girlschoo
10 Steevie Nicks
11 Karen Carpenter
13 Janis Joplin
14 Billie Holiday
15 Dawn Penn
16 Alison Moyet
17 Chrissie Hinde
19 Peggy Lee
Reply
#14
can't go wrong with... ruthie foster /marcia ball/elizabeth cook/grace jones/anne mccue...........just to mention a very small small few and still living
Reply
#15
bassjam Wrote:Hayley Williams from Paramore is pretty awesome!

She is. I wouldn't say she's my favorite or anything, but I do like her.
Reply
#16
Joanna Newsom, without question

Ys, along with Black Saint and the Sinner Lady, is the only music I'll ever need
Reply
#17
Lots of good female artists out there. Really dig Dido. Some great stuff.

Other female vocalists I like are;

Bonnie Tyler
Pat Benatar
Janis Joplin
Grace Slick
Celine Dion
Stevie Nicks
Anna Nalick
Alex Bach

Probably forgetting some but close enough I think.
Reply
#18
I think I will have to go with Joan Jett. She is powerful, talented, raw, kick-ass. She rocks out.
Reply
#19
The first that comes to mind are:

Nina Simon
Billie Holiday
Janis Joplin
Aretha Franklin
Lauryn hill
Reply
#20
For some odd reason. I have always loved The Donnas.
You can live in staunch denile and mark me as your enemy, but I'm just a voice among the throng who want a brighter destiny, and say with me, "We are the New America!" -Greg Graffin
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NEW ALBUM: Foo Fighters - Your Favorite Toy Music Head 0 445 08-05-2026, 11:49
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW SINGLE: Brian Setzer - "girl on the billboard" CRAZY-HORSE 0 1,103 10-08-2023, 06:35
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Favorite Sexy Rock Song? Lovely Linda 0 1,585 13-03-2016, 18:39
Last Post: Lovely Linda
  All-Female tribute bands jazzboCR 11 4,994 21-08-2015, 00:30
Last Post: zcarenow
  The Beach Boys interview with Bruce Johnston, including his favorite Beach Boys song! Mercury7 2 2,134 08-08-2015, 16:03
Last Post: Mercury7
  2 women singers jazzboCR 6 2,756 28-12-2014, 02:31
Last Post: jazzboCR
  What is your favorite Beatle's song Bob 7 2,834 17-11-2014, 23:42
Last Post: Michael_B
  Eurythmics - I Saved The World Today Looking for similar tracks / bands, robbi270 0 1,108 23-07-2014, 00:18
Last Post: robbi270
  Top 10 rock bands ever wardsmith 52 20,263 16-08-2013, 15:23
Last Post: SteveO
  Top 5 Rock Bands of All-Time Kurt Staley 30 15,204 25-03-2013, 03:29
Last Post: LMD

Forum Jump: