Posts: 55
Threads: 2
Joined: Apr 2012
I also listen to Q104.3. It's basically the best Classic Rock station out of New York, but I wouldn't say it's amazing. There used to be one out of New York many years ago that I would classify as amazing and that would be WNEW 102.7. They would always play cutting edge rock and classics. Their tag line was 'Where Rock Lives' and it definitely did. They had the best DJ's around too. Sadly, it's no longer around. I also listen to another Classic Rock station based down the shore in New Jersey which is 105.7 The Hawk. They're pretty good also.
Posts: 13,354
Threads: 236
Joined: May 2011
NPR is the equivalent to our CBC. Funny that your classic rock station is Q104 in NY same call letters as ours up here in Halifax!..lol
PennyLane Wrote:Whenever I listen to the radio, I don't get anything good. I usually just stay on Q104.3 the Classic Rock station. Occasionally I will listen to NPR and on some segments they will have some good artists on there.
The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Posts: 13,354
Threads: 236
Joined: May 2011
Iris Dement?....you find some real gems on the radio from time to time!
Jerome Wrote:I listen to the radio quite a lot. Not really for music articles but more for current affairs type stuff. Every now and then I am surprised by what I find interesting when they do play some music. I am by no means a country music fan but this one popped up on the radio recently and I have to admit I quite like it, which I never thought I would??!!?? There's a simple honesty in the tracks on this site. http://www.irisdement.com/biography.html
The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Posts: 13,354
Threads: 236
Joined: May 2011
06-06-2012, 19:47
(This post was last modified: 06-06-2012, 19:51 by SteveO.)
CBC is the only radio I'll listen to, not the other FM stations with commercials. The CBC and probably NPR, also broadcast live concerts. The hosts are very knowledgable and interesting with interesting comments on the artists! Sometimes they have short interviews with the musicians. The station is commercial free!...and promotes new Canadian talent!!!!!!
The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Posts: 55
Threads: 2
Joined: Apr 2012
I have Sirius in my car so I listen to that there. It's usually tuned to E Street Radio though. :biggrin:
Posts: 119
Threads: 4
Joined: May 2012
SteveO Wrote:CBC is the only radio I'll listen to, not the other FM stations with commercials. The CBC and probably NPR, also broadcast live concerts. The hosts are very knowledgable and interesting with interesting comments on the artists! Sometimes they have short interviews with the musicians. The station is commercial free!...and promotes new Canadian talent!!!!!!
that must be a thankless job
sil3ntdogood
Unregistered
Don't know about you guys, but this eems like the most legit feel of Pop today.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2p6kAIYyepU?video=1
Posts: 295
Threads: 6
Joined: Jan 2012
PennyLane Wrote:Yes it was K-Rock ! 92.3
Ah, I was never too into K-Rock for whatever reason. Always thought it was overrated. =\
BrilliantDisguise Wrote:I also listen to Q104.3. It's basically the best Classic Rock station out of New York, but I wouldn't say it's amazing. There used to be one out of New York many years ago that I would classify as amazing and that would be WNEW 102.7. They would always play cutting edge rock and classics. Their tag line was 'Where Rock Lives' and it definitely did. They had the best DJ's around too. Sadly, it's no longer around.
How "many" would you define "Many years" as?
Posts: 29,763
Threads: 8,842
Joined: Aug 2009
sil3ntdogood Wrote:Don't know about you guys, but this eems like the most legit feel of Pop today. http://youtube.com/watch?v=2p6kAIYyepU?video=1
thank God for oldies
Posts: 295
Threads: 6
Joined: Jan 2012
For those in the NYC area, I found that 101.9 is back to rock music (They switched to "Talk Radi" a few months back. Guess it didn't work out too well.). They advertise "New Alternative Music" but I heard a decent amount of older music mixed in there. Its the closest thing to a K-Rock from what I've gathered, and I always preferred WXRP (101.9) to K-Rock anyway. Just in case anyone's interested as I saw a couple NY posters in this thread.