30-08-2012, 11:28
If you are a songwriter and if you think that you are good at making songs with lyrics, then go to that direction. For me I prefer the music more coz I love to analyze song arrangements most of the time
|
Your opinion: does music need words?
|
|
30-08-2012, 11:28
If you are a songwriter and if you think that you are good at making songs with lyrics, then go to that direction. For me I prefer the music more coz I love to analyze song arrangements most of the time
10-09-2012, 13:29
I usually look at words. The music has to catch me, but the words keep me listening. Because even when the music is faint, or not that amazing I will still listen if the words sparkle. But with that said, I like a lot of instrumental music. If there is a mix of fabulous instruments, then I can do without the words. There is a place for it all. A balance is nice.
Peace and Love,
Penny Lane Breakfast with Myself Art is the only thing you cannot punch a button for. You must do it the old-fashioned way. Stay up and really burn the midnight oil. There are no compromises. - Leonytne Price
10-09-2012, 13:56
Can't imagine Dylan or the Beatles without lyrics !!!...lol...however I do enjoy instrumental music also!
The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
11-09-2012, 17:17
PennyLane Wrote:I usually look at words. The music has to catch me, but the words keep me listening. Because even when the music is faint, or not that amazing I will still listen if the words sparkle. But with that said, I like a lot of instrumental music. If there is a mix of fabulous instruments, then I can do without the words. There is a place for it all. A balance is nice. I like the way you put that
"I said, I found the secret to life, I found the secret to life
I'm okay when everything is not okay, is not okay" ~Tori Amos, Upside Down
11-09-2012, 20:23
I think music is equaly as valid with or without lyrics
America is pregnant with promise and anticipation but is murdered by the hand of the inevitable....(Lee Jackson ..The Nice)
11-09-2012, 23:57
Lyrics have always played a major role in the music that has really taken me. At the same time, though, no music has moved my soul more than music without words. Ultimately I would have to say that it's a balance between the two. There's nothing better than a few lines of perfectly chosen words followed by spot on musical composition!
04-11-2012, 02:48
I think it depends on the purpose of the music. For instance some music in my opinion is best used for background music. Some music is a work of art in it's self. There is lots of music that is recognized by millions around the world that doesnt have any lyrics to it.
04-11-2012, 04:31
Composer (musical composition) verses being a Lyricist (songwriter).
27-05-2013, 20:13
Ella Wrote:There are a lot of phrases saying that music is something like talk soul-to-soul... And the question is what role play lyrics in song... What is the most important: music or words? I don't feel that music needs words to evoke an emotion from the audience, but I believe you'll reach a larger audience if you speak to them.
28-05-2013, 19:04
(This post was last modified: 28-05-2013, 19:07 by saurabh.thanki.)
Well it depands....Some divine musical compositons do not need words but we also can't neglet the role of words....
See this composition of mine...I think it has both (music and words) of 50-50% weightage. www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGrZjmzz7-o |
|
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
|
| Possibly Related Threads... | |||||
| Thread | Author | Replies | Views | Last Post | |
| Bleeding Hearts new music! | Bleeding Hearts | 1 | 2,916 |
29-12-2016, 08:13 Last Post: Jerome |
|
| My words | LittleDun | 0 | 2,854 |
25-09-2016, 02:36 Last Post: LittleDun |
|
| Just joined and looking for a mentor on songwriting and music producing. | Sloaner | 0 | 2,866 |
18-07-2016, 05:07 Last Post: Sloaner |
|
| Neglecting my music | polythenepam | 4 | 3,195 |
23-09-2015, 11:40 Last Post: JJ24 |
|
| My song, I'd like to hear your opinion :) | Roval | 4 | 3,028 |
07-08-2015, 16:48 Last Post: Cali5 |
|
| Tired of short term Music Gig? | iyrie936 | 3 | 2,436 |
28-05-2014, 17:21 Last Post: Music Head |
|
| What's the best way to really get back into music. | lewisrg99 | 12 | 8,668 |
09-10-2013, 23:54 Last Post: JamesRLogan |
|
| My Music | FrancisDale | 4 | 3,768 |
28-05-2013, 23:35 Last Post: mdsujaan |
|
| the origin of traffic music | miltk | 0 | 1,768 |
16-02-2013, 10:17 Last Post: miltk |
|
| One man music production, need feedback! | noiseflor | 1 | 1,911 |
19-11-2012, 04:46 Last Post: Jerome |
|