Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Are You Listening To?
Leathermouth - XO

I don't really have a frame of reference for this type of music so I don't know if it's actually any 'good' but I really like it - It's fast and noisy and catchy.
J Tillman - Vacilando Territory Blues

Tillman is an Alt-Singer-Songwriter IMV. The album is predominantly a collection of roughly recorded, intimate acoustic songs. It has something in common with some of Will Oldham's output. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

&

Bon Iver - Blood Bank

A 4-track EP released as a follow-up to the excellent For Emma Forever Ago album. Not dissimilar to the above, although Justin Vernon sings in a higher register.
Have a Nice Life - Deep, Deep from Deathconsciousness: The Future [Enemies List Home Recordings, 2008]

Again, if you can find this grab it up. This particular song from the album reminds me of Joy Divison.
Junior Boys - Dull To Pause from Begone Dull Care [Domino, 2009]

I love these guys. I have their first two albums and saw them on both previous tours. I look forward to the psychical release of this album in April and the subsequent tour.
side of a bullet- nickelback

one of the few good nickelback songs
and dont give me this shit how every thing i post belongs in pop nickelback is post-grunge
minority-greenday
Rufus Wainright - Poses

- pretty good actually, smooth and melodic
Okay - I'd really like that song except for the line

"like a sheep runs from the herd" - the herd? A herd of sheep!!? It's a flock! and it wouldn't even have made any difference in the rhymning scheme of the song

but that aside - welcome back!
Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - Abattoir Blues

I usually opt for Nick Cave's gentler albums, and this hasn't been one of my faves, but this time it really hit the spot.

NC is one of the best songwriters currently working IMHO.
It's a shame... Nick's guitarist that has been with him since the beginning left The Bad Seeds late last month... What albums in particular do you mean, Tiggi? Nick is definitely one of my very favorite songwriters and poets all things considered.
[URL="http://www.fictionpress.com/%7Edoriane"]
[/URL]