Posts: 73
Threads: 1
Joined: Dec 2012
Hi All!! My name is Myst. I've been looking for a new music Board to call home and this looks like the perfect place for me.
I love music of all kinds. If you were to look through my collection you would find a big mixed bag of everything from Koko Taylor, Buddy Guy and Muddy Waters to Radiohead, PJ Harvey, Powderfinger, Bob Dylan, Supertramp, Xavier Rudd, Jeff Lang, Neil Young, Jethro Tull, the list goes on and on and on.
I look forward to contributing some posts and meeting other music fans here.
Posts: 9,643
Threads: 255
Joined: Jun 2010
Welcome to the site - quite a few people on this site would have similar collections to yours.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Posts: 29,763
Threads: 8,842
Joined: Aug 2009
welcome Myst
you sound like our cup of tea
did you see Buddy Guy honored at the Kennedy Center thing
Posts: 1,387
Threads: 58
Joined: Jul 2010
Welcome! I agree with MH, you'll fit right in here.
"I said, I found the secret to life, I found the secret to life
I'm okay when everything is not okay, is not okay"
~Tori Amos, Upside Down
Posts: 73
Threads: 1
Joined: Dec 2012
Thank you all for the nice welcome. Yes Music Head, I did see the Buddy Guy tribute at Kennedy Center and I was very impressed with Beth Hart's vocals on 'I'd Rather Be Blind'; Guy Clark Jr.'s guitar playing wasn't too shabby either! Buddy seemed moved by the performances. Just my opinion, but I didn't think Tracy Chapman was the best choice for this particular gig...
Posts: 29,763
Threads: 8,842
Joined: Aug 2009
Myst Wrote:Thank you all for the nice welcome. Yes Music Head, I did see the Buddy Guy tribute at Kennedy Center and I was very impressed with Beth Hart's vocals on 'I'd Rather Be Blind'; Guy Clark Jr.'s guitar playing wasn't too shabby either! Buddy seemed moved by the performances. Just my opinion, but I didn't think Tracy Chapman was the best choice for this particular gig...
damn, I agree with everything you said
even the TC
Erik M. Jean
Unregistered
hey hi
welcome to this site
stay active :-)
Posts: 35,591
Threads: 3,573
Joined: Jul 2010
its a bit belated....but welcome to MD Myst...
good to see someone else mention Neil Young as a "like"...
and Powderfinger????...really???, i never knew those guys were known anywhere but Australia and Canada, Xavier Rudd also, not very often you hear that name anywhere...
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.
Posts: 3
Threads: 0
Joined: Jan 2013
Hi i am eric new in this forum and i also love music any kind of music just like you.Anyway nice to meet you
Posts: 73
Threads: 1
Joined: Dec 2012
Hi Everyone... Thank you all for the warm welcome. I do plan on becoming more active here. I've been spending some time reading old posts and trying to get a feel for the place. I'm quiet and reserved at first, but once I get comfy you won't be able to shut me up!
Yes Crazy Horse, I
love Powderfinger, the first 3 or 4 albums especially (Vulture Street ROCKS!). I have met several people from Australia over the years that have introduced to me some fabulous Aussie musicians - I have seen the John Butler Trio live many times here in the states (the old line-up, not the new), same with Jeff Lang (I have all of his studio albums and many live shows) and I've seen Xavier Rudd once. Tex Perkins is another favorite but I haven't had the privilege to see him perform live... yet.