Posts: 46
Threads: 3
Joined: Jan 2009
The Grammy's awarded the Best Rock Album 2008 to.... and here comes the painful part.... COLDPLAY! And while they were not their only competitors, in winning they beat out Kings of Leon, The Racontuers, and METALLICA! What the heck? Seriously, how was that decision made? And what are your thoughts on it?:frown:
[SIZE="4"][COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]-[COLOR="Teal"]keep it heavy
Rock N' Roll Chick[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE] :rockon:
Posts: 5,551
Threads: 146
Joined: Jan 2008
It's a bit grim, isn't it...
I always thought the Grammys were just a music industry marketing tool. This year it's Coldplays turn to get a manufactured leg-up.
Posts: 46
Threads: 3
Joined: Jan 2009
Iota Wrote:You did not really believe that Metallica had any chance to win the Grammy, did you?
Now believed they would get one and thought they deserved one are different. Yes I definitely thought they deserved one. Death Magnetic is a great album. However, I did not think that they would be so recognized by the Grammy's.
[SIZE="4"][COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]-[COLOR="Teal"]keep it heavy
Rock N' Roll Chick[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE] :rockon:
Posts: 518
Threads: 5
Joined: May 2008
If I were a professional musician, I'd take not being recognized by the Grammys as a compliment.
[URL="http://www.fictionpress.com/%7Edoriane"]
[/URL]
Posts: 15
Threads: 2
Joined: Apr 2008
I wanted to throw up all over the place and i would have blamed Coldplay and those ugly jackets!
Kings of Leon SO deserved that award. At least they won for best rock performance but it sucked nobody could watch that part on tv. And they won a few awards at the BRITS. People in England love American bands more than America does!! :confused:
Posts: 5,551
Threads: 146
Joined: Jan 2008
Rockchick26 Wrote:People in England love American bands more than America does!! :confused:
Strange, isn't it ??
This also seems true for successful Brit bands trying to break into The States.
I suspect this says more about the media outlets (Radio & TV) & their programming than anything else...
Posts: 62
Threads: 6
Joined: Mar 2009
Coldplay win Best Rock Album 2008?! If that's rock now then the genre's fallen a long way! The songs i've heard from it are the same as every other Coldplay song - horribly boring and dull. Metallica should definitely have won with
Death Magnetic - the highlights of the album being
That Was Just Your Life,
All Nightmare Long,
The Judas Kiss and
My Apocalypse.
Rockchick26 Wrote:People in England love American bands more than America does!! :confused:
This applies to parts of Scotland as well :biggrin: